Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaiser

Risen3d

I guess nobody noticed, but in the past few weeks (should be 1 month actually) a new source port based on the Doomsday sources has been released. This port has a lot of major improvements and additions over Doomsday, one of them is full Boom/MBF/Prboom compatibility, better rendering code, plus a couple of Legacy functions like 3d water/bridge etc, And Easy-to-create ladders. Also there's "slight" polyobjects support.

Think of this port as a better designed Legacy port with particle effects and stuff.

This port was created by Graham Jackson and the website is here

http://risen3d.newdoom.com/

if you like this port, show your support in keeping this port alive and well. Now delete that damn legacy and start playing this!

I thought the source code of all ports HAS to be released, under the GPL?

there are two releases of the doom source code, one GPL, and another (the first release) license which states 'do whatever you want with this source except sell it' in a nutshell

Doomsday is GPL, and Risen3D is a "source port based on the Doomsday sources"...

Lobo said:

Doomsday is GPL, and Risen3D is a "source port based on the Doomsday sources"...

I'm not so sure about Doomsday but Boom is most certainly released under the GPL.

the original release of Boom was under the first Doom license as well, it was later changed to GPL

Deathman said:

sadly, no.

Maybe I can ask Graham to release it...

he HAS to release it, sorry GPL, or atleast provide it to anyone who asks him for it