Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

quake ogre 2 1/2 " bust

Wow. Freakin' wow. That's awesome man. You're fabulous at sculpting. I like how you took the concept that was in the low poly quake 1 model and made it something believable, tangible. I enjoy viewing your work, and can't wait to see more.

oh yeah, and fp

That's amazing, the bottom picture even looks like it should belong in those few early leaked screenshots of doom3 because of the lighting and colors.

fucken badass! I've always wanted to see what an ogre would look like with more detail, now I know. Ugly as sin!!

Thank you for the kind words.
On a sculpting message board I'm on, I've gotten no remarks regarding my sculpts.
At first I though it's because they weren't up to their standards. but seeing shittier ones get praise, I've come to realize that if I don't make a wolverine, Hulk or other ridiculus fantasy character nobody really cares.

Shapeless said:

On a sculpting message board I'm on, I've gotten no remarks regarding my sculpts.
At first I though it's because they weren't up to their standards. but seeing shittier ones get praise, I've come to realize that if I don't make a wolverine, Hulk or other ridiculus fantasy character nobody really cares.

Heh, typical. Btw, you own. :)

Shapeless said:

well.. whatever, wolverine owns but your sculpts are really cool.

in fact, you've made me wonder why i never sculpted a doom monster back in junior high art class, that would've been fun.

im not into sculpting but even before Doom was out i think... umm when i was a kid, not even pre-teen, in class (it was this school/day care/learning thing) we had some clay and this BIG oven and we could make what ever we wanted and they would harden it for us...

well i made a monster that looked kinda like a Dragon and i put a lil human skull in its mouth heehehe painted the Dragon green and the skull mostly red hehehe Doom was (and is) soooo meant for me, anyway just thought some ppl might like to hear how messed up pre pre-teens can be

anyway yeah forget about wolverine.. unless you make him sick and bloody... ok im scaring myself and i missed taping the starting 15 mins of my g/fs fave show..........................

I really like the proportions and grittiness...very, very nice. Out of curiousity, is this one built off of the bust of the Doom 3 fat zombie you made earlier?

I think Wolverine is cool too. it's just that everybody make one, and you'd think they would at least try and make him a little unique.

this is a completelly differnt sculpt job. I did this one prior to starting the fat zombie head. and just finished adding blood to it over halloween night.

What does kiln mean?
I couldn't get much for it so I wouln't through it on E-Bay. As it is, it's gereric enough that I wouln't have to worry about a possible lawsuit. but without the Quake name attached to it, it wouln't get much notice.

The lighting in the second pic reminds me of the dark mood, and atmoshere from "the Door to Chathon".

Yeah, a kiln is used to fire clay, setting it in a permanent fixed position. They get up to around 1000 degrees I think. However (I may be wrong here) I think shapless may be using a different kind of clay here, modellers clay which I myself have used. If it's the same stuff it's kind of maleable, but much, much tougher to work than normal potting clay, but the benefits are that it doesn't need to be fired as it is soo tough.

It's already baked and painted. it's made from a polymer clay, which is baked below 250 degrees for over an hour..depending on thickness.

Shaviro said:

[...]and a RTC-3057 cyborg sculpture! :P

He'll have to see a proper picture of the RTC-3057 cyborg to do that - afaik, nobody knows exactly what the player character in RTC-3057 looks like. All they know is that he's a bald, tough-looking guy with a grey metal plate covering half of his face and that his arms and hands are covered in bright green metal.

I guess I should do a bit of promotion art for RTC-3057 sometime :-)

He could of course do a bust of his face :-P

when I make the Mancubus he'll be a full figure. I want to make them all within the same scale, but my oven is only big enough to do a 12" high figure. so I may end up with all the figures being the same height. which really sucks, because I want the mancubus to look HUGE next to the Imp former humans. :D

The Cyberdemon can be 12" tall and I couldn't care cause it will be on a scale of it's own. being a part of a diarama next to doomguy, based off the doom 2 box art.

I really don't want to make anymore bust's, unless it's the D3 Hell Knight, or a life sized D3lost soul.