Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cycloid

boom teleport linedefs

i've been toying with these a little. in doom builder type 244 is "teleport to line with same tag (silent, same angle) ... but the player's angle is switched: viewd on the map they enter facing west and emerge facing east

using 263 (silent, reversed) the player ends up facing the correct way but it only works when they cross the 1st sidedef and not the second, eh?

Are you using Doom Legacy? I remember having trouble with that same problem in that port.

teleport linedefs have always been triggered from the front sidedef only, it's that way in every port, it's that way in doom2.exe. if you want to make it triggered from the other side, just make anther teleport line right next to your current that's facing the other way

riiiight, that's how you can step off teleport pads! heh. doh! cheers!

sorry i meant:

W00T!!!?!1 OMFG!!!!!! ITS LIKE THE TELE PADS ROTFL!!!!!!!111!>

hurrah! i got it going, the trick was to align them so that they only face the way you want them, er. i know what i mean. anyway i made a building where you can go inside then up stairs to the roof... above the inside room! obviously it wont work if there are monsters wandering around, heh, but it's pretty cool