Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoorado

doom3.com :)

The site is up! Well... kinda, though you can only see a pic of the Hell Knight covered in grime (ooh!), and here some great ambient sounds.

Heh, looks like the loss of Reznor isn't such a big deal after all...

Heh, cool. I wonder what's happening to the ua-corp site now then?

The logo is so fucking awful; every time I see it it's like an assault on my eyes. You're right though, nice noises.

Fredrik said:

Damnit, not another Flash site :P

Must... resist... urge... to... install...

You don't have flash? But how could you afford to miss all the amazing animated menus, animated borders and animated scrolling marquees that come with a standard flash site?

Fredrik said:

Damnit, not another Flash site :P

Must... resist... urge... to... install...

Um... The part in Flash is just an animated logo, and a vibrating 'coming soon' text.

Just to let you know. :)

Zoorado said:

Um... The part in Flash is just an animated logo, and a vibrating 'coming soon' text.

Just to let you know. :)

I don't reckon this is the site he's trying to avoid.

ToXiCFLUFF said:

You don't have flash? But how could you afford to miss all the amazing animated menus, animated borders and animated scrolling marquees that come with a standard flash site?

Don't forget splash screens, lack of ability to navigate, megabyte-sized advertisements and retarded minigames/minimovies.

Now thats what I call kickass, I love the ambient sounds there disturbing makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Fredrik said:

Don't forget splash screens, lack of ability to navigate, megabyte-sized advertisements and retarded minigames/minimovies.

Oh yes, sorry. I think my mind had blanked these out in the interest of preserving sanity and continued exploration of the internet.

Fred, why don't you nab a popup blocker that blocks flash too. That way you can disable it when you want to see a specific in flash. That's why I did, and it works great... thanks Free Surfer!

popup blocker suxorz that why. They have a habit of just being a really useless firewall adn causing more problems than they fix. Id rather not install flash ;). ANyways this looks spooky as hell. The sound on this site is better than *anything* in the alpha.

"coming soon" on a game that's not out for another 6 whole months?

Or does that just mean the full site will be unveiled "soon"?

I'm still hopeful that something will be out by Doomsday.

Fucking cool site. I can't wait. Having an extra UAC site supports my theory that you'll probably be able to dig up some extra info about the Mars research facilities on that website.

Zoorado said:

Heh, looks like the loss of Reznor isn't such a big deal after all...

I'm pretty sure that the constant looped ambient (so not that creepy sound that you'll hear every once in a while) was done by Reznor, or at least part of it. I'm pretty sure it was in the leaked alpha as well, in the hellknight_end folder.

Zoorado said:

6 months? Id said 4!

Tod said at least 4. But I hope they launched this site to celebrate the 10th anniversity and give the fans a little present. The HK is (offcourse) very dark in comparison with this one

Scuba Steve said:
Fred, why don't you nab a popup blocker that blocks flash too. That way you can disable it when you want to see a specific in flash. That's why I did, and it works great... thanks Free Surfer!

Could you please change your avatar to something less fucking annoying? It's almost as bad as your average flash intro.

Before I made a new system install (recently), I had Flash working in Internet Explorer so I could switch back to it from Mozilla when I really needed to view a Flash animation. But since the reinstall, I haven't felt the need to reinstall Flash.

Disorder said:

Fucking cool site. I can't wait. Having an extra UAC site supports my theory that you'll probably be able to dig up some extra info about the Mars research facilities on that website.I'm pretty sure that the constant looped ambient (so not that creepy sound that you'll hear every once in a while) was done by Reznor, or at least part of it. I'm pretty sure it was in the leaked alpha as well, in the hellknight_end folder.

That is strange... I thought Reznor is not allowing his creations to be used in DOOM 3? Either the sound effect on the site is new, or someone is bullshitting me with rumours.

Zoost said:

Tod said at least 4. But I hope they launched this site to celebrate the 10th anniversity and give the fans a little present. The HK is (offcourse) very dark in comparison with this one

The one at doom3.com looks more intimidating (and 'demonic') to me. Top-notch specularity there; adds a whole new dimension to the polygonal model.

Zoorado said:

That is strange... I thought Reznor is not allowing his creations to be used in DOOM 3? Either the sound effect on the site is new, or someone is bullshitting me with rumours.

Where did you read that ?

ToXiCFLUFF said:

The logo is so fucking awful; every time I see it it's like an assault on my eyes.

So, you didn't like the old Doom logo either? :-P

dsm said:

So, you didn't like the old Doom logo either? :-P

I love the original Doom logo, I just don't like the way D3's looks cheap... almost as if someone had just gone wild with the emboss filter in photoshop.

ToXiCFLUFF said:

I love the original Doom logo, I just don't like the way D3's looks cheap... almost as if someone had just gone wild with the emboss filter in photoshop.

yeah...and Doom's logo looks like something made out of big blocks, lego or something.

Shaviro said:

yeah...and Doom's logo looks like something made out of big blocks, lego or something.

I didn't suggest that I'd prefer to revert to the original logo, but to modernise it in a less cheesy way.

ToXiCFLUFF said:

I didn't suggest that I'd prefer to revert to the original logo, but to modernise it in a less cheesy way.

I challenge you to do this, heh.

ToXiCFLUFF said:

mah. I still see it as being very nitpickish. It's the same basic logo...it even has the teckish textures in the letters. I think it looks amazing, I don't care if it was easy to make, really.