Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoorado

doom3.com :)

Recommended Posts

Shaviro said:

mah. I still see it as being very nitpickish. It's the same basic logo...it even has the teckish textures in the letters. I think it looks amazing, I don't care if it was easy to make, really.


I very much doubt it was easy to make. Nevertheless, it's only a logo and it isn't going to affect the game, but I would prefer that it looked different.

Share this post


Link to post

everyone has taken this rumour of trent being out as gospel...i wouldnt until i hear something from the NIN or ID camp....

Share this post


Link to post

Alright. Good thing we don't have to type a URL as stupid as ua-corp.com to get our information straight from id. Let's hope they put up the site soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Euronymous said:

now the question is, what is going to happen to ua-corp? im hoping they don't just abandon it..that would suck hearty

Doom3.com is owned by Activision.
UA-Corp.com is ran by id software.

I guess we'll have a corporate/advertisement site and a more in-character site.

Share this post


Link to post
ToXiCFLUFF said:

I very much doubt it was easy to make. Nevertheless, it's only a logo and it isn't going to affect the game, but I would prefer that it looked different.



How so? If you have photoshop or some comparable image-editing program, I'd like to see just how YOU would change this logo, and "modernize it in a less cheesy way." Hell, the only thing I can think of as far as change is concerned is to MAYBE remove the number "3" and put the Roman Numerals "III" beneath the Doom text, to fit more closely with Doom 2. However, that really wouldn't make any sense either because this game isn't a direct sequel. It could be easy to confuse it as such if the logo was THAT similar to the old version. The new version has changed a slight bit from the old, mostly in the techy look of the letters, and the number is on the side in exponent fashion, giving it a more digital feel...which is EXACTLY the feel of this particular scifi/horror fps. Personally, I'm glad they didn't modernize it a whole lot (giving it HalfLife text or something) because the Doom logo always had a certain "feel" to it...Not really sure how to explain it, other than that there is NO other game out now that has a similar logo...and hey, originality is somethingn lacking nowadays IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post

Personally, I think the new logo is a bit tacky. Needs to be a little more nitty gritty, and a little less tutti frutty.
Man, that must be the gayest thing I've ever said, lol.

err, nevermind i just looked at my signature.

Share this post


Link to post
Prime said:

Not really sure how to explain it, other than that there is NO other game out now that has a similar logo...and hey, originality is somethingn lacking nowadays IMHO.


I like the shape of the logo - I have always liked Doom's logo, but this one just looks too smooth and embossed to me. I think it'd look better with a little more grit and grain to it.

Share this post


Link to post

I think it's funny how it says "if you don't see the animation above, you MUST (my emphasis) download the flash plugin here". Reminds me of Joe Todd.

Share this post


Link to post

Ya, that's fine but I want some more informations on this site! (i know that on doomworld is everything but i wat to see it on official page :) )

Share this post


Link to post

I just LLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE those ambient sounds. Espicially that wierd, beast-like noise that apparently is the sound of the HK (makes me think of a supermutant-evil T-rex...on a good day).

But, alas, I tried going on ua-corp.com, but it appears the site is experiencing "technical difficulties."

Share this post


Link to post

The new logo is almost exactly like the original one. I don't think its that big of a deal. I really liked the one that they had first better, though. Oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Sir Blastalot said:

But, alas, I tried going on ua-corp.com, but it appears the site is experiencing "technical difficulties."

The site has never been up. The 'technical difficulties' are supposed to make the viewer believe they're actually watching a secret broadcast from the UAC via the internet.

Share this post


Link to post
Scabbed Angel said:

I really liked the one that they had first better, though. Oh well.

It seems you speak for most people here :-)
I, however, am of a completely different opinion. I found the other logo bland and underdetailed when you take into consideration what kickass artists id has. The other logo really only had one strenght over the new one: it had a roman numeral III instead of the weak little 3 that the new logo 'enjoys'. This is just a minor detail for me and doesn't matter.

I like the new logo, because it has a nice, steel cold look to it, which is broken up by the fireglow from beneath - much cooler than the original Doom logo imo. I also like the more high-tech texturing better.

Share this post


Link to post
dsm said:

I like the new logo, because it has a nice, steel cold look to it, which is broken up by the fireglow from beneath - much cooler than the original Doom logo imo. I also like the more high-tech texturing better.


I agree completely. The old D3 logo looks indredibly bland compared to the new one.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for the comparison pic, Dajuice.

The reflections in the old logo look like a twin Cheops pyramide of doom. Wouldn´t that be a cool idea for a level?

Share this post


Link to post

ya know, i dont see where a complaint is here... The new logo looks exactly like the old one, just in finer and better details.. Look at it.. still has the firey look at the base, and still has the tech parts.. It looks good to me, and i dont think there is any other way to do it.. :D

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know what your definition of detail is, but the old logo has a lot more going on in it.

Share this post


Link to post
dsm said:

It seems you speak for most people here :-)
I, however, am of a completely different opinion. I found the other logo bland and underdetailed when you take into consideration what kickass artists id has. The other logo really only had one strenght over the new one: it had a roman numeral III instead of the weak little 3 that the new logo 'enjoys'. This is just a minor detail for me and doesn't matter.

I like the new logo, because it has a nice, steel cold look to it, which is broken up by the fireglow from beneath - much cooler than the original Doom logo imo. I also like the more high-tech texturing better.

I don't know, it looked more powerful and bold. The new one just looked like the old one with the "³" tacked onto it. And the reflection of mars in the DOOM III logo was awesome! It seemed to encompass the connotation of the word "Doom".

Share this post


Link to post
Scabbed Angel said:

I don't know, it looked more powerful and bold. The new one just looked like the old one with the "³" tacked onto it. And the reflection of mars in the DOOM III logo was awesome! It seemed to encompass the connotation of the word "Doom".

I liked the fact that Mars was reflected in the other logo, but the reflection was weak and the gray area above Mars was pretty bland.

I like the new logo better, because of the fireglow from beneath - THAT, to me at least, underlines the word Doom and puts things in the right perspective: namely hinting that the game is about Hell - something that was missing from both the old logo and the 'old' Doom 3 logo.

But this argument is futile anyway - you can't change people's opinions, but perhaps you can send the humble message that you're tired of people whining about the same thing, when you disagree with them.

Share this post


Link to post

Either way they're not going to change it. I like the new logo, I mean, its the same logo from Doom 1 and 2, so I can't argue. In anycase I will just modify the start screen background when doom 3 comes out anyway : )

Share this post


Link to post

The best looking logo so far of DooM³ is this ( in my opinion ): http://www.planetdoom.com/images/image.asp?screenshots/e32003/37.jpg - The logo that was showned in the E3 this year...I think this logo is the best of all because of that Hell/Mars feeling on it, look at those colors, I think they're awsome, when I see the red color in the logo in that position, it came to me that are like flames of Hell emerging from down, reflecting the logo, don't know what you think, but It's my vision about it, the only crap thing in this logo is the number 3 on it, I prefer the roman numbers, I think that it fit's better in that kind of logo, but It's a id choice, than we've to respect that, even if we like it or not...with time we're going to like more & more of this logo...what makes the logo is the real game :)

Share this post


Link to post

That IS the logo they're using. The colors are slightly different because it's from a camera recording a video screen. Like if you took a picture of your TV, the colors would look different.

IMO, the latest logo rules. That comparison image was great. You can see how the mood has changed for Doom3 just by the logo. No more exciting techno killer, but a much darker and twisted experience. Doom inspired nervous excitement, Doom3 will inspire fear.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×