Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lethal_Chupacabra

Storyline

No offense to ID or anything but how the hell (no pun intended) do portals from hell happen to be on both of Mars moons (Phobos and Deimos)? Is this implying that Mars is hell? It could be cuz they're both red. :P

it's #include <iostream> and you left off 'using namespace std;' YOU FAIL

<dur> The demons got pissed off and went to Phobos and Deimos because humans were screwing with the teleport pads that were laying around. Ever read the instruction manual?</dur>

I just think that the rule of hell was trying to take over the worlds of earth, and he knew that the moons were the weakest points... in words, Hell used the moons as a practice place for the demons, so that they could know how to kill when they reach earth. But it wasn't intended that the Doom Guy was to be alive, becuase everyone was to be eaten by all the demons. so, the moons were just a training mission gone wrong for the Hell Spawn.

Cyb said:

it's #include &lt;iostream&gt; and you left off 'using namespace std;' YOU FAIL

Actually... no.

Lethal_Chupacabra said:

No offense to ID or anything but how the hell (no pun intended) do portals from hell happen to be on both of Mars moons (Phobos and Deimos)? Is this implying that Mars is hell? It could be cuz they're both red. :P

A big corporation (in this case, UAC) was fucking around with stuff it couldn't control (presumably thinking it could profit from it), and hey presto, it got out of hand and both it's bases (Phobos and Deimos) got overrun.

dr_st said:

No.

According to the latest standard, <iostream> is the file to include. Of course, most compilers still accept <iostream.h>. Enjoy the nightmarish link when using both in different C++ files.

Fredrik said:

No.

If I understand correctly, any compiler which wants to comply to ANSI-C++ must allow both ways. So even though the C++ guys may recommend that people use the new standard, the old standard is perfectly valid, and I personally prefer it to the new one. From my limited experience, I've witnessed some people having linkage etc. problems with the new way, something which never happened with .H files.

Edit: however, they did say that the old standard is allowed for C files, and it's not clear whether it should always remain allowed for C++ files. Maybe future compilers will indeed disallow iostream.h and such... Meh, it was a stupid standard change from day 1 anyway.

If you're going to leave out the namespace directive, you might as well leave out the inclusion of the header file entirely - after all, the compiler will most likely be able to guess where printf is located on its own in that step as well.

By the way... just don't use C++ at all.

Fredrik said:

If you're going to leave out the namespace directive, you might as well leave out the inclusion of the header file entirely - after all, the compiler will most likely be able to guess where printf is located on its own in that step as well.

It's not only about guessing where the printf() is located... It's also including various definitions, constants, etc.

And I'm sure that you know that in C (not C++) you really don't have to have a function prototyped before using it, as long as it can be found during linkage.

Another reason for writing #include directives is for anyone who's looking at the file to know what libraries were used.

But why change an existing and perfectly good standard and switch to something retarded is beyond me.

And I like using C++. OOP is in most cases easier and better than procedure-oriented. C++, however, is not as slow as Java is. So, I'll be using it whenever I want.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

[nitpick]Well, I didn't actually curse, I used it to to mean 'messing around' rather than as an expletive.[/nitpick]

Hmm, funny, I hadn't actually thought about it that way before. A subtle but fundamental difference.

Fredrik said:

C++ Rulz and my "code" was totally right.