Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mithrandir

How do you define a "Hard drug?"

Hellbent said:

I guess I consider crack, cocaine, heroin, LSD, Acid as hard drugs. Prolly others, but I can't think of them at this moment. And I think of Heroin to be the worst.

I would say hard drugs is everything that is real addictive and bad for your body or mental state. So I would add cigarettes (more addictive then heroine) and alcohol to this list. (internet/videogames?)

I myself have tried some of the stuff, and can say that for recreational use it can be fun. As long as you use the stuff NOT more often then twice a year or something like that..

*cackle* That's a fat list.
Thing is, If you're rating the hardness of drugs by their level of addictiveness, then for some people I know (er, me included probably), weed is Hard-to-the-mother-fucking-Core. (provoking discussion, not necessarily disagreeing).

Mithrandir said:

*cackle* That's a fat list.
Thing is, If you're rating the hardness of drugs by their level of addictiveness, then for some people I know (er, me included probably), weed is Hard-to-the-mother-fucking-Core. (provoking discussion, not necessarily disagreeing).

Yeah, I don't smoke dope (and never did that much) any more, but it was the worst drug to ever exist for a group of friends I was in a couple of years back. They just had to have it, spent all their money on it and were somewhat agitated without it. But the worst thing was what it did to their motivation... they could barely be bothered to do anything and will probably still be sitting somewhere, listening to music and talking in 10 years time. It really just seemed to suck at their life force.

DooMBoy said:

Caffeiene is my drug of choice.

What's caffeniene?

I'm addicted to caffeine and chocolate.

I consider a hard drug any drug that could lead to you harming others. Cocaine, herion, crack, and alcohol can all lead to this, and thus are hard drugs by my book.

Mithrandir said:

Weed is not addictive. *lets Orion elaborate

Anyway, even though weed was quite fun and all, the hardest drug I ever did was codeine, though it was a perscription. I unfortunately tripped the fun out, and it was pretty weird. I was being attacked by swarms of imaginary fleas and shit. Heh.

I wasn't rating the drugs by how addictive they are, you should have known that from seeing LSD, DXM, and MDMA above heroin and oxycontin. I was rating it mostly on which drugs I'd least want to form a habit of. Various reasons were considered, like how people I knew ended up after using a particular drug for a long time, health issues, brain damage, and yes also addiciton, although if you're careful you wont get addicted to anything so it wasn't really much of a concern for me.

As for weed being addictive, heh, no. Even if you really did get addicted to it, which I highly doubt you're a rare example and shouldn't be used to make the assumption that it's addictive. I've been saying this for years, and I haven't changed my mind since. Potatoe chips are more addictive than weed is. Now if you get addicted to potatoe chips, you're just weak minded, don't blame the substance, blame yourself.

A "hard drug" is defined as any drug which can be used as a deadly weapon.

I'm not even going to try to get into this discussion, 'cause I'm very biased about the subject matter and I'd probably end up saying something stupid.

I don't know much about most of these since I've never bothered with any of them. Well, except alcohol. I know loads about that and so does my whole family.

What I'd love to know is what that stuff is they used to sedate me when they took out my wisdom teeth. When I woke up I was euphoric for about 30 min and I was having all kinds of fun hallucinations. Of course once it wore off I was in ten kinds of agony thanks to them cutting open my gums to get at those impacted teeth. :(

Well, alright, not actually addictive so that a complete dependency is developed, but like Toxicfluff says, there are some people who get really bad when they don't have it. To me that's nearly as good as an addiction.

I just think it's like losing any other thing you enjoy in life. Like say you lose your car which you really loved in an accident. Obviously you'll be upset about it, but would you go as far as to say you were addicted to the car just because you're not happy about it's loss?

I'd define anything that alters the victim's state of consciousness or causes significant addiction a hard drug, and connectively a drug that I would not use.

nxn said:

I just think it's like losing any other thing you enjoy in life. Like say you lose your car which you really loved in an accident. Obviously you'll be upset about it, but would you go as far as to say you were addicted to the car just because you're not happy about it's loss?

What I was talking about though, was the kind of mindset it seemed to nourish within them. It's an old question though; do drugs help develop a certain kind of person, or is it a certain kind of person that is more attracted to drugs?

Fredrik said:

I'd define anything that alters the victim's state of consciousness or causes significant addiction a hard drug, and connectively a drug that I would not use.

"Victim" - that was some aggressive wording. A different mental state is one of the more attractive aspects of it to me. In any aspect of life, it's not really debatable that experience develops a person over time, so with drugs it just comes down to whether or not you think it will affect you in a bad way or not. Who knows, they had a good effect on me, but I was never a heavy user and haven't done any drugs in a long while. Well, only that most legal of harder drugs, alcohol

"Hard drug?" Well i don't know about you guys, but a hard drug is a drug that is the oppisite of soft.

That's how i define a "Hard drug".

Then the word is still undefined because you didn't explain what a soft drug was. Don't dare say it's the opposite of hard. =P

insertwackynamehere said:

http://www.winamp.com/

Visuals:

Cheaper
Easier
Doesn't fuck with head

What are you talking about? There are tons of plugins that fuck with your head. Some people have made some crazy shit.

Grimm said:

Codiene does nothing for me. Literally abso-fucking-lutely nothing.

Well when I related my experiences to nxn, he said it was probably an allergic reaction. See, opium can cause your skin to itch if you're allergic to it, and that mixed with the half-awake state it left me in caused me to see all those fleas. Heh...orion also said I could have died from it too. :/

nxn said:

Then the word is still undefined because you didn't explain what a soft drug was. Don't dare say it's the opposite of hard. =P

it's the opposite of hard. =P

insertwackynamehere said:

As a more serious post than before, in my opinion, all drugs are hard.

Elaborate?

Grimm said:

Woah, codiene comes from opium?

Yus. There are many kinds of opiates out there, many used for medical purposes. These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head:

Opium
Morphine
Codiene
Heroin
Oxycontin

And thats all I know.

Hey, the powder in an old Xerox machine is quite addictive. And I'm not talking about the toner. :P

sargebaldy said:

i agree completely, and am completely in favor of someone's right to use drugs

The only problem is. Drugs kill. If you want to kill yourself, fine. But when you do the drug and you go driving? These are why drugs should stay illegal