Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Job

Sorry to those who were offended...

Job said:

All I do is hear, day in and day out, reports of guerilla attacks on the US & allied soldiers. Quite frankly, I'm tired of it. I don't even feel sorry for them anymore. What they're doing by remaining in Iraq is the equivalent to slamming your hand in the door and saying "ow" each time, but doing it repeatedly...and to no avail. Clearly, our presence is not in the least bit desired over there and we should respect their wishes. A majority of the Arab individuals (hadjis) have made it abundantly clear that they wish to be autonomous and to retain sovereign rule even if it's a rule of terror. We should leave, bring home the weary soldiers, the corrupt representatives and their even more corrupt corporate salespeople and lastly, our billions in military spending. No one is even sure what the devil we're trying to accomplish anymore...all we know is that we're not accomplishing anything at all. I don't know how much more of this garbage I can stand to hear on CNN.

Scuba Steve said:

Those are some harsh words Job. I have several friends/aquaintances I know who, for all I know, could be over there or killed. It's not the Soldiers fault, they are just simple middle class people like the rest of us. It's the administration of the United States and the people looking to get rich off the suffering of others that you should be upset about. Not the unfortunate soldiers who have been abused.

I apologize for the statement, I shouldn't have said it quite like that. You see, I'm very frustrated with the whole situation. And sometimes it's more tempting to blame the "pawns" instead of the "kings and queens" who run the game, so to speak. It's more tempting to blame the soldiers because they're more readily available for criticism than the administration who run the war.

I'm giving this a separate thread because the other thread was closed.

I missed the remark. However I'm totally against Bush and all his decisions, so its probably best I missed it so not to agree with it.

I left this thread open so people could respond to Job's apology, not so they could spam about avatars.

Anyway, mine was better.

In case anyone missed UV's flashing avatar, I saved a copy of it:

I'm not offended. :D
Oh and Grazza: what is UP with that avatar of yours? :P

Huh, maybe I'll forgive you. (Not that you give a damn.) That was a fucking stupid and inconsiderate statement.

Grimm said:

Huh, maybe I'll forgive you. (Not that you give a damn.) That was a fucking stupid and inconsiderate statement.

Hey, I give a damn. And you're right it was stupid and inconsiderate to say. I should have thought before I typed...it's not appropriate to speak without keeping in mind the other person's point of view and feelings.

Melfice said:

I missed the remark. However I'm totally against Bush and all his decisions, so its probably best I missed it so not to agree with it.

What about when he makes the right decisions, you'd rather have the wrong one?