Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vegeta

Look at this

Anyone remembers that particular Doom3 fake pic with that rediculous HUD (featuring an inversed cross and an ugly mug with holes in the forehead), showing a bland, long corridor with squeaky clean shiny marble walls? Back in the day so many people actually thought it looked great and that it might be a real Doom3 screenshot.

(edit) This one:

Tetzlaff said:

Anyone remembers that particular Doom3 fake pic with that rediculous HUD (featuring an inversed cross and an ugly mug with holes in the forehead), showing a bland, long corridor with squeaky clean shiny marble walls? Back in the day so many people actually thought it looked great and that it might be a real Doom3 screenshot.

Wasn't there another one sort of like that (graphics style almost exactly the same) with some guy with black sunglasses right up close to the "player", except the HUD was different?

I used to buy PS2 magazines (yes I love my PC too ;) ) some years ago, and there's a screenshot of an unidentified game that now that you mention it, was probably one of those fake Doom 3 shots.

They had a whole big contest with 1000 of those goddamn things on some site I can't remember, theres was litterally tons of the bloody things.

Heh, wish I could remember.

:(

The something something Doom2000 contest?

I remember when I was calling it Doom 3, and EVERYONE else was calling it Doom 2000.

That contest was on Shacknews. And I do think that anyone with half an ounce of technical knowledge should be able to tell shots like these are fake in under two seconds.

That is fake . Im a digital junkie and I can tell you that that screen is a fake work in Photoshop. Cheers.

The majority of those pics (read: 98-99 per cent of 'em) were so godawful that it was a vicious assault on my eyes.

Christ, why can't people take a contest serious?

dsm said:

Christ, why can't people take a contest serious?

There were no good serious pics, but a considerable bunch of good non-serious ones.

Fredrik said:

There were no good serious pics, but a considerable bunch of good non-serious ones.

Yeah, parody everywhere.

insertwackynamehere said:

I remember seeing that site. This one: http://www.shacknews.com/images/image-o-matic.x?doom2k/082200_doomfake_12.jpg seems to be like Dead Simple from Doom II.

Yeah, thats a Quake2 remake of Dead Simple.

http://www.shacknews.com/images/image-o-matic.x?doom2k/082200_doomfake_38.jpg This one looks like someone was running the Alpha of Doom, through the jDoom port. Is that possible?! [/B][/quote]No, it´s a Quake3 map in the background, and the Doom alpha HUD pasted on. The map is by the way a remake from Quake1´s House of Chthon.