Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

$80 refund

well half-life 2 was expected to be out by now. however where is it?
best buy was gearing up for this game and thus when you purchased any newer ATI card you got the game free!
$80 dollar value. the game was said to be out buy the end of october. however i have yet to see or hear anything.

so they are now saying if the game is not out in 4 months anyone who bought the card can get upto an $80 refund

PS, if it is out i havnt seen it. this was something on a memo a week back or so

$80 now for a PC game? Wtf. I thought the industry standard was $50 or so. What a crock of crap.

80$
yea valve is pulling a very lame move. the single player and muiti-player parts are sperate from what i have heard. trying really milk half-life this time around. october 2003 was original release, i think. this is also an ATI run deal, not best buy. so i am not sure who wrote the memo. ATI must be a little upset with them for this.

September 30 was the planned release date. They missed it, and now Valve hasn't given a new release date yet. But their publisher, Vivendi, says it might get released somewhere around April 2004.

From what I've heard the price is pitched around the £50 mark here so $80 seems reasonable.

Fucking hell, £50? That's extortionate.

Anyway, word is Half-Life 2 will be out before Christmas. My friend got a Game (gaming store) Christmas catalogue through the post the other day and it has it in it. I'm expecting it before Christmas anyway.

Did his catalogue say what price it is?

It was a guy in Game who told me it was going to be around £50.

Holy crap. The most I ever payed for a game was $45 or maybe $50 for GTA3. I got a $10 'refund' too. Actualy, the refund was just a gift certificate so I ended up coming back and buying the Starcraft Battlechest for real cheap. Anyway, considering I'm against spending more than $30 for a game, I'm definately not getting that. Not until the price drops considerably.

It better not be £50. OK, so a delay was understandable. It wasn't Valve's fault they were hacked. But now a fucking price tag of £50? That's insanity. It's the last straw. If the price is that high I will not be giving any of my money to Valve. If it's because it comes with a pewter figure, or any other crap, fuck em. I don't want stupid crap like that, I want the fucking game. Gahhhhh.

Oh and the catalogue says "Winter 2004", whatever that means.

$80? That better be for both the single and the multiplayer! Or just $40 for the single player, since I could give a flying fuck at the moon about mp. The most I ever payed for a game was $60 for Quake, and my immortal soul for the Silent Hill games. However, I'm not sure what the cash value of that was . . .

it is $40 for single and $40 for MP. it is just a move to milk half-life 2 for every dime, and a lame move at that. the only thing that could make it worse is a monthly charge to play the MP version, trust me i bet they are thinking about it. maybe by its release they will have decided that $40-$45 is a good deal for the whole thing.

back when HL 1 came out the price was $40 this was like before it got big. the original version was buggy, very buggy, and infact i could not beat it due to a few nasty bugs. this shows why there was so many HL patches.

being hacked is no excuse, so the source code was released. nothing you can really do at this point. unless game data was hacked then they do got an excuse and should report so. anyways beyond christmas is too late. we should stand up and tell companies tp get their shit together. i am tiried of just about every title being delayed... delayed big time too

Well if its just $40 for the each, though its not a terribly ethical business decision on Valve's part if its true, I don't really care since I just plan on playing the single player. Is there any clue as to when its supposed to come out? They were saying September, and I remember reading an IGN article about it pretty much calling id software a bunch of pussies for giving a "when its done" release date, and saying how great Valve was cool or something because they set a release date and they were going to stick to it. Ha ha. Kinda funny. Any case, I was hoping to have HL2 as an appetizer before the main course comes out.

AndrewB said:

There are better hobbies to have than unreleased games.

yea like work, heh

i know they have been pissed at microsoft over halo 2.

when i started working they had just hung a bunch of signs advertiseing halo 2 as a new game being carried. 2 weeks later, after complaints from customers i went and took all of them down, i wasnt suppose to but i got tired of the bitching and questions.
i know there is a duke 4 poster/add in the back still

Sephiroth said:

unless game data was hacked then they do got an excuse and should report so.

DO YOU READ ANYTHING. EVER. And where the hell did you hear the 40/40 deal. Show me your sources.

Yeah, jesus christ guys, valve lost like 6-7 gigs of game data right under their noses, a 3 gig beta of half life, the new cs, and a few other things is out there RIGHT NOW.

Houses are much more fun to live in than under rocks, and you get running water anf fp!

the 40/40 deal is what we have heard last about this game. however i bet it will change like so much else.
as far as being hacked last i heard was that the source was leaked. did hear if any game data was screwed with/deleted

if stuff was deleted or screwed with then i see nothing wrong with it being late. however if stuff was just leaked it is still no excuse

Sephiroth said:

if stuff was deleted or screwed with then i see nothing wrong with it being late. however if stuff was just leaked it is still no excuse

It's a valid excuse, because they have to change the network code. If they keep the network code unaltered, any hacker can write very effective hacks with the source code as a reference.

So I understand why they're delaying the game, but I think a 6 months delay is way too much. The game probably wasn't finished yet on September 30.