Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Simbey

Wolfenstein 3D map to Doom converter

Grimm said:

Intersting, but there is WolfenDoom, you know.

yes, but there are far more maps for wolf3d than the ones that came packaged with it.

Grimm said:

Intersting, but there is WolfenDoom, you know.

I guess you never ever did anything just for the fun of it...

Looks good, would like to see more progress on this.

Hey, thanks! What would you like to see added?

Random placement for both doom and doom2 monsters/weapons, amount of monsters and ammo based on skill level, option for use of normal doors (for other port compatibility), endboss at the end of each episode/game, scattered marine corpses (normal and gibbed), random blood/brain/flesh pool placement and appropiate light levels.

PS: have you tried fiddling with the SLIGE source? ;-) I've been dying to see a better/improved RMG. Mr. Chess hasn't touched it in over 2.5 years :(

Okay, my conversion program puts in monsters now. I'll look into putting in other generic objects soon.

I haven't ever looked at SLIGE, but when I have some more free time, I'll certainly take a look.

But for now, I suppose one could always use the Spear of Destiny Game Creator + my conversion tool for random Doom maps. ;-)

http://www.simbey.com/doom/wolf5.gif
http://www.simbey.com/doom/wolf6.gif

VERY cool indeed.

Though unlike what XDelusion said, there are at least four people in this thread who can code :P

Sounds like a cool idea. Too bad the screenshots don't load... I'd get this if I had Wolfenstein. Someone send me some Wolf maps! =D

Yeah teh screenshots and link will not load. If anyone can mirror this, I'd like to test it out. Sounds funtacular.

/me prepares to convert xmaswolf...

Sorry about the broken links! My server's in Nevada, and sometimes the host has power/connectivity outages... Let's hope they've fixed it! My mail server is there too! :-(