DooMBoy

Voice Deepness Poll

Rate your voice deepness on a scale of 1-10  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Rate your voice deepness on a scale of 1-10

1 - Alvin and the Chipmunks
10 - Low C on a tuba

Or is it reversed?

In that case, normally, I'm around a 6 or so, but I can get it down to the 8 or 9 range if I try hard enough.

OK, just to clear a couple things up:
1 is the highest you can go, 10 is the lowest you can go.

Ichor said:

In that case, normally, I'm around a 6 or so, but I can get it down to the 8 or 9 range if I try hard enough.

I'd say I'm about 7-8, but I can make it go down another 1 or 2 levels if I try.

My talking voice ranges between 5 and 8 depending on how loud I'm talking or how excited I am. Singing (on a good day), I can have a range of slightly more than 2 octaves, so from a high/middle bass to a low/middle tenor, which I guess would be between 3 or 4 and 7 or 8? I don't know.

Heh.

I need to get me one of those mics...a 77 (or is it 78). They are the cheapest professional mics around and they are good for vocals. I've never actualy heard my own voice recorded before. At least not since I was in 8th grade.

Um...all microphones are mono mics.

If you mean stero miking, well yeah, it produces a better sound. But that isnt a very widely used technique for vocals. Also, the good mics for stereo miking cost over $1000, maybe as low as $600 if you want cheap ones. For an ametur studio like I am going to make, the $80 dynamic mic is a good purchace because mainly I'm a poor bastard.

the_Danarchist said:

Um...all microphones are mono mics.

That's like saying all speakers are mono speakers. Well, yes, all individual speakers produce a mono output. When you space two speakers apart and put different waveforms through them, then you get stereo. Same with microphones. Obviously a "stereo microphone" consists of two mono microphones that (hopefully) are isolated and positioned as to produce a desirable effect.

Really, very few modern recording studios use mono microphone systems.