Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kristian Ronge

Does anyone take requests?

I downloaded "Snipers Alley" from the archives today, for nostalgia.

(You can get it at ftp://3darchives.in-span.net/pub/idgames/levels/doom2/s-u/snipers.zip)

Hm. I remember playing this one when I was much younger, and it was too hard for me on UV.. I was pleasantly surprised it was still as much fun today, though not as hard! :-D

So, anyway, I was hoping someone would take a look at this map and make a good speed/max run. I made a quick speedrun and a max run just to show what it's about.

Pretty please?

sas-206.zip

Opulent said:

I liked your demo and your suggestion. thanks.
hard to optimize that main room. =/

Opulent; just viewed your demos.

Very impressive! Another nick would be appropriate: Opulent, DEMOn, GigaFast.

hahaha, thank you for watching and the overly kind words.
I realize it is kind of rude to record with doom2.exe when everyone else uses legacy and zdoom... but in my defense, 15 mb really isn't all that much hdd space(for prboom).
again, thanks for watching.

This is more a suggestion than a request. I've noticed a trick jump that might make Farside of Titan interesting for UV Speed.

The wad is here.

Nomonsters demo attached.

farsnomo.zip

Grazza said:

This is more a suggestion than a request. I've noticed a trick jump that might make Farside of Titan interesting for UV Speed.

Nomonsters demo attached.

Never played that wad before, so gave it a go. I also discovered that jump and thought it was necessary to complete the level hehe.

Actually, if you cannot do this jump the hard way, then do it the easy way :)
I mean, no straferunning needed, just aim and run! I think Grazza you pressed too many switches in your nomo demo :)

Attached here a speedrun of this map. Time is 1:33, could be better.

fa_dt133.zip

Ah, nice "shortcut" at the end. :) For some reason I assumed it was one-way traffic around there. Even more of the map can be skipped than I thought.

I'm pretty sure Jim Flynn intended all three keys to be necessary - he didn't generally leave deliberate short-cuts in his maps.