Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sandman

Doom 2/1 Retextured Project COMPLETE

Erm, this is old news, and it's not quite done anyway. Now, if most of them weren't simply resized originals, it'd be better.

Don't say they're not because they are.

Check the newdoom resources forum in the doomsday forums. Some of the members are making better textures.

Mr. Chris said:

Check the newdoom resources forum in the doomsday forums. Some of the members are making better textures.

Maybe some of us would, if we wasn't banned? And thats just for a fucking joke...

Newdoom needs to either die or get a new webmaster.

Anyway, these textures are rescued from complete crapness by the fact Fredrik made some of them :)

Torn said:

Maybe some of us would, if we wasn't banned? And thats just for a fucking joke...

Torn: Phoebus dropped all the bans over a month ago, including mine, Jen's and other ppl who took refuge here during our bans.

Well from the levels I played they were complete, this is still an ongoing project, and I am going to get some help from some people on porting it to Zdoom, it is made for Jdoom though. I am also sure that ZdoomGL can handle it. Dont count on non gl ports sense they dont support 32bit textures (at least to what I know, I may be wrong.)

heh i already did this for d:e (here)
but that includes a couple new things too, including a muck waterfall graphic from somewhere and the last direction for the computer flat.

edit: nm i clearly didn't read what this thread was about

Mr. Chris said:

Torn: Phoebus dropped all the bans over a month ago, including mine, Jen's and other ppl who took refuge here during our bans.

Uhm, yeah I saw, but I were still banned, so whatever?

Now, if most of them weren't simply resized originals, it'd be better.

Don't say they're not because they are.

Now, see, if you weren't so busy being ignorant you'd know that that is not true. There aren't too many of those left at all.

Grimm said:

Now, see, if you weren't so busy being ignorant you'd know that that is not true. There aren't too many of those left at all.

True, they are getting fewer but there are still too much of those and also too much that just aren't good. Currently it's just a little too inconsistent and lots of those textures take away the good old Doom feeling which can't just be replaced with Hi-res.

Mr. Chris said:

MOST textures are consistant of the low-res originals BTW

...which doesen't help if the ones that are not are so irritatingly out of place that they ruin everything. The shitty FIREBLU textures, for example, totally ruin E3M6. And last time I checked many of the metal doors sucked, too. If those don't get replaced with something that looks better this whole pack is useless IMHO.

Here's an idea . . . use the ones you like!!!! Quit bitching about the small things, they'll get fixed eventually . . . or maybe not at all. Either way, it's fucking FREE, so learn to be flexible. You're not gonna get anything handed to you on a silver platter, so stop looking for it.

Grimm said:

Here's an idea . . . use the ones you like!!!! Quit bitching about the small things, they'll get fixed eventually . . . or maybe not at all. Either way, it's fucking FREE, so learn to be flexible. You're not gonna get anything handed to you on a silver platter, so stop looking for it.

I'll complain as much as I want because otherwise things like this won't get fixed EVER! And, no, even though it's free I don't take it as it is. Criticism is an absolute necessity to improve things.

Graf Zahl said:

Criticism is an absolute necessity to improve things.

Then complain to the guys that made it.

Yeah. There's nothing wrong with criticism, but calling the whole thing worthless because some textures aren't up to snuff is rediculous.

Grimm said:

Yeah. There's nothing wrong with criticism, but calling the whole thing worthless because some textures aren't up to snuff is rediculous.

Right now it IS worthless (to me, that is. ;-) )