Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Simpsons stuff

Wow. That's quite informative. I'm going to have to gather up the courage to watch some new episodes.

Recent episodes feature more social satire and less Jerkass Homer

Homer was the best part of the simpsons.

ravage said:

Homer was the best part of the simpsons.

The point seemed to go over your head. You're relatively new to The Simpsons, I gather... ?

AndrewB said:

The point seemed to go over your head. You're relatively new to The Simpsons, I gather... ?

8 years is new?

Well, judging by your post, you seemed to primarily be a viewer of the newer episodes. Otherwise, you probably just misunderstood the statement in the article.

Basically, there is the Homer of the classic years and the modern Homer. They are very different.

AndrewB said:

Basically, there is the Homer of the classic years and the modern Homer. They are very different.

They're not altogether THAT different. C'mon, it Homer! :)

Heh...I havent seen the show in a long time. Yet oddly, I've somehow seen half the episodes they mentioned. I watched it since episode one and yes, I agree that it was slipping in recent years. And yes, there is a definate difference between old Homer and modern Homer.

Maybe I'll start watchign it again. But that would also mean having to watch TV>

Yeah, simpsons hasn't been funny for a while. Early episodes were well written and clever, the recent stuff just isn't funny, what really annoys me, is Futurama dies....and Simpsons keeps going, into the oblivion of stale tv shows. Enough.

ravage said:

8 years is new?

So that's starting at what, season 6 or so? Yeah, fairly new.

I will say that last week's episode wasn't nearly as terrible as I was expecting. If they truly have reversed the downward spiral the show was on I will be impressed (although I still wish they would cancel it).

I haven't actually seen the Simpsons in a while, and haven't seen a new Episode in months. I find most of it funny, some parts very much, but its not something I thrive on, wether it goes on or not won't make me look at the world differently but I have nothing against it going on. :D

the_Danarchist said:

Futurama was way better than Simpsons. I wish they never cancelled it. :/

hmm. I don't know if it was "way better" than the simpsons. It's certainly better than the new simpsons episodes, though.

Shaviro said:

hmm. I don't know if it was "way better" than the simpsons. It's certainly better than the new simpsons episodes, though.

"Do you wanna see my Fryhole?"

Shaviro said:

Well yeah. I'd say its about on par with the first 4 or so seasons of The Simpsons. But when it was running, it was by far outshining the Simpsons episodes at the time. :P