Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Thehappycommunist

what is your favorite enemy from doom?

probably cacodemon too. one of the best parts of some wads is the "cacodemon invasion" heh.

otherwise the mancubus. got a nice balance of killability/deadlyness. not to mention being a nice wide target. and i love it's fx too, though i dont know what it actually says .. "omniviro!!!" or something , heh

Pain Elementals.

If large numbers of them are placed in the middle of a large custom map, then the entire area is soon swarmed with Lost Souls.

Once you get past hating them, you realize how incredibly destructive they can be.

Julian said:

Yet another favorite monster thread...

OMG the Julian is my fave. And the Former Human Commando...and the Mancubus. And the Pain Elemental. And the archie. Ah hell, I love 'em all.

Except the SS Man. He just sucks a lot.

It seems people can't get enough of these threads, or can't remember about the last one they saw. Sigh.
Anyway, my fave would probably be the Baron of Hell. He's big, bad, and quite deadly if used correctly.

OK, I'll give a serious answer. Ghost pain elementals. They rule. Especially with -fast or NM.

This is the first time I come across a thread like this one, so I will post without complaining about anything - LOL.

My favourite enemy from any version of the DOOM series may well be the Baron of Hell. Besides its cool name, I like how it's designed and I find it pretty challenging, specially in narrow passages and small rooms. The Cacodemon would take the second place yes, though I like the Imp as well. :-)

I will add my least favourite one: The Revenant. I simply hate it.

Ariel.

Arch-Vile gets my vote for favorite.
I hate PEs most, except for the sequence when they drop and burst (well, mostly the cool sound FX :-).

Grazza said:

OK, I'll give a serious answer. Ghost pain elementals. They rule. Especially with -fast or NM.

:-D

I have at least two favorite monsters.

1. The Cacodemon
2. The Mancubus

I like the Caco demon becuase it is fun to kill, expecialy when they falll to pieces.

I like the Mancubus becuase it is big, fat, and packs alot of power!!!!!

Myself, if my rocket aim is off and a wall is nearby. If I do snuff myself, I usually do a better job than any of the monsters.

I like former humans(all 3 kinds) as fighting them with single barreled is plain cool(maybe i just love Knee Deep In The Dead too much :) ). Also I love the mentioned before "cacodemon invasion" trick :)

As for NM or -fast, I laughed my ass off when I saw how demons run on NM! Hope you saw them :)

Well, I have had different opinions on this questions through my years in Doom, I have changed my prefer...
There was a time I loved the chaingunner most and I still hink he´s one of the best drawn monsters in th egame, together with the Mancubus. Ah well... (sniff).

I reckon Cacodemon and Mancubus are so popular because it is so satisfying to feel the shells of the double gat thudding into them. Especially how two DB-S shots are enough to drop a caccy.