Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lobo

Where's my Title gone?

Recommended Posts

Any moderator/admin out there who knows what happened to my custom title?
Why am I suddenly a "forum regular"?

Share this post


Link to post

I got sick of it and didn't think it was relevant after a month anyway. I thought you'd be sick of it by now too :P Did you seriously want it?

Share this post


Link to post
Lüt said:

I got sick of it and didn't think it was relevant after a month anyway. I thought you'd be sick of it by now too :P Did you seriously want it?

Hm, I think someone still owes me a title of my chosing? ^_^

Share this post


Link to post

ask again gatewatcher, please. i'm sure on the second try lüt will gladly grant you whatever title you want, and not some bastardly one he came up with himself.

Share this post


Link to post

i'm still not quite sure why we can't delete our own posts. the only reason i've heard is that it would allow us to make posts but then hide them. but you could do the same thing by just editing your post to say nothing or something completely different...

iirc we used to be able to delete our own posts and threads. was there a problem with that somewhere?

Share this post


Link to post
insertwackynamehere said:

What was Lobo's title?

Better think twice

Share this post


Link to post
Lüt said:

I do? Since when? O_o

Heh, well remember, you gave me that unspeakable title, and then said you would change it after a while. Then, "omg linguica banned me from my forums" hence leaving me high and dry with a terrible unbecoming title until Pritch and Julian were kind enough to show mercy on me. Lüt, you hurt me emotionally, and I respectfully request compensation. Or not... I think I just dug myself a hole anyway. =\

Heh.

[/moan]

Share this post


Link to post
Ichor said:

Hmm, there's been quite a lot of double posting lately...

I think it has to do with how slow the forums have been going lately. You submit a post then 5 minutes later you come back and its not done submitting and you hit refresh and suddenly there it is again. Or something. Thats how I double posted that one tiem.

Share this post


Link to post
sargebaldy said:

ask again gatewatcher, please. i'm sure on the second try lüt will gladly grant you whatever title you want, and not some bastardly one he came up with himself.

mmm Quadratic Equations...

Share this post


Link to post
the_Danarchist said:

I think it has to do with how slow the forums have been going lately. You submit a post then 5 minutes later you come back and its not done submitting and you hit refresh and suddenly there it is again. Or something. Thats how I double posted that one tiem.

Have you tracerouted doomworld.com lately?

EDIT: From school, at least, I find that a lot of common slowdown points end up getting used as if they're just the best that are available. Go go super internet!

Share this post


Link to post
the_Danarchist said:

I think it has to do with how slow the forums have been going lately. You submit a post then 5 minutes later you come back and its not done submitting and you hit refresh and suddenly there it is again. Or something. Thats how I double posted that one tiem.

same's been happening to me. it takes like 3 minutes to make a post.

Share this post


Link to post
gatewatcher said:

Heh, well remember, you gave me that unspeakable title, and then said you would change it after a while. Then, "omg linguica banned me from my forums" hence leaving me high and dry with a terrible unbecoming title until Pritch and Julian were kind enough to show mercy on me. Lüt, you hurt me emotionally, and I respectfully request compensation.

Heh, I thought I took care of that already. Oh well, guess I didn't.

the_Danarchist
I think it has to do with how slow the forums have been going lately. You submit a post then 5 minutes later you come back and its not done submitting and you hit refresh and suddenly there it is again. Or something. Thats how I double posted that one tiem.

Yay, so I'm not the only one.

It seems to be strictly an issue with the posting script. I thought the entire forums had gone down the first few times this happened, but then I opened the index in a new window and found that I could still browse and search regularly while the post was still taking 5 minutes to go through.

As in all situations like this, there's only one logical thing to do: blame Marv.

Share this post


Link to post

the speed has been a bit off lately. I could always beg for a custom title but who really cares. No one wants the fate of sargebaldy. Besides if I begged for a title they would call me He who masturbates to cooking shows or something

Share this post


Link to post
sniperfrommars1 said:

Besides if I begged for a title they would call me He who masturbates to cooking shows or something

Big mistake. :P

Share this post


Link to post

He was pointing out that you, by posting that, might just end up getting that. However, now, between this and that other post you're fighting with ravage in, it looks like you could be banned, bypassing the whole bad custom title thing.

But I'm on pritch's bad side lately, got no room to talk. :P

Share this post


Link to post
the_Danarchist said:

I think it has to do with how slow the forums have been going lately. You submit a post then 5 minutes later you come back and its not done submitting and you hit refresh and suddenly there it is again. Or something. Thats how I double posted that one tiem.

Heh, I was starting to wonder if anyone else was having this problem. :P It's quite annoying to hit Submit Reply and then have to wait a couple of minutes just to see your post pop up in the thread you posted in.

Share this post


Link to post

It seems to happen at random intervals. Somtimes the post goes through in a matter of seconds, sometimes it can take minutes.

Share this post


Link to post

Anyway, getting back to my title....

I wasn't particularly fond of the old title but at least I had a custom title :)

If you wanna give me a new one then that's fine: I'm open to suggestions. How about "EDGE fanatic"?

Share this post


Link to post

actually it's the mean value theorem

sniperfrommars1 said:

the speed has been a bit off lately. I could always beg for a custom title but who really cares. No one wants the fate of sargebaldy. Besides if I begged for a title they would call me He who masturbates to cooking shows or something

Share this post


Link to post
DooMBoy said:

It seems to happen at random intervals. Somtimes the post goes through in a matter of seconds, sometimes it can take minutes.

Yes. (Dan is too tired to post a complete thought, but I think you get the idea.)

Share this post


Link to post
sniperfrommars1 said:

Howd you end up as dog of spam? Post trolling like you are now?

Erm, I wanted my title. And I wasn't a moron about it.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×