Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

The Wad That Flashed Back

Time for the announcement of another new project, except this one looks like it will actually be finished someday. It's Flashback, a new megawad for Ultimate Doom, replacing all four episodes, with each new level reminiscent of the old. Headed up by Torn and Espi, this project will also include maps by other community members in the fourth episode. Be sure to visit the page, check out the screenshots, and prepare for a demo release on December 10th, Doomsday.

I've played three levels from episode 2, and from what I saw this should be a superb project! :)

PS if any moderators read this, please ban the first person to use the newproject tag in this thread, kthxbye.

ravage said:

I only have that long to finish my map? Shit.

bloodshedder said:

prepare for a demo release on December 10th, Doomsday.

NiGHTMARE said:

Oh thank god. I doubt' I'll be finished by the end of this month anyway. :P I'm a dreadfully slow mapper.

yeah i'm working on e4m5 of this, although i keep getting stuck :P espi and torn are awesome though and i have no doubts this'll be my favorite megawad ever when it's done. e2m4 and e3m2 in particular are really sexy.

Cyb said:

ricrob said on 09.08.00:

For those of you that may be wondering, yes I will continue to work on my FlashBack wad in my spare time, but have no planned due date on its release. You'll probably just find it on cdrom.com one day.

OMG we just may! Or may not. In any case, I think it's safe to use the Flashback name, unless ricrob surprises us all with his triumphant return to the doom community and produces this wad ready to play.

Ravage: I feel your pain, I'm a terribly slow mapper myself, but the results more often than not make up for it :)
Torn: If you want me to do a level for Flashback, I'd be glad to, but don't expect to see it any time soon. :P

Kid Airbag said:

Hey Torn I'm still working on that E4 level thing. Slowly but surely.

Well, you haven't got a map slot yet.

NiGHTMARE said:

I've played three levels from episode 2, and from what I saw this should be a superb project! :)

Thanks. :)
Like SargeBaldy said, e2m4 is the best map imo.

DooMBoy said:

Torn: If you want me to do a level for Flashback, I'd be glad to, but don't expect to see it any time soon. :P

Hmm, okay. Well, if you want to do a episode4 map, thats okay.

-

Btw, if jan van der veken "classic dude" sees this thread, I'd like to see a e4m9 from you, not a request, but a wish/hope. :)
Your dodead.wad e1m9 owned.

Torn...check your e-mail man. I asked about the possibility of doing a map for you for Episode 4. If you would like me to do a map then let me know...thanks.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Cadman said:

Torn...check your e-mail man. I asked about the possibility of doing a map for you for Episode 4. If you would like me to do a map then let me know...thanks.

I haven't got a email yet, you could also try tornthedark.nospam.@yahoo.dk (just remove .nospam.)
Btw, what episode4 map slot do you want?

Just pick one and then I'll look at the original map and attempt to stay within the theme of that map...

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Cadman said:

Just pick one and then I'll look at the original map and attempt to stay within the theme of that map...

E4M3. :)
Just remember to make your map hard. I can send e4m1, if you want.

I have no problem making it very hard, I excel in that department! Do you want all the skill levels implemented along with deathmatch starts?

E4M3 it is...let me go and look at it.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Cadman said:

I have no problem making it very hard, I excel in that department! Do you want all the skill levels implemented along with deathmatch starts?

E4M3 it is...let me go and look at it.

Yeah, all skill levels is fine, about the dm starts just put them in.
But do you want me to send e4m1.wad to your email?

Torn said:

Yeah, all skill levels is fine, about the dm starts just put them in.
But do you want me to send e4m1.wad to your email?

Yeah...send it my way.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

heh I talked to ricrob a few months ago and I asked him about his flashback and he said he was still working on it, but who knows how often etc, but he wouldn't give it to even tho I said I'd finish it :/

Anyways best of luck to this flashback team, there's going to be a lot of neat stuff coming out on Dec 10th, this being one of them.

Torn said:

Well, you haven't got a map slot yet.

Uhm can you give me one then?

Kid Airbag said:

Uhm can you give me one then?

I vote for him. Kid Airbag is old school in a Tom Hall'ish way and you know we all love that.

Well, it is a hard choice, because I have a episode1 map which could be converted fine as a episode4 map. And I want to make a few maps for episode4 too. It seems the only free slots now is e4m2, e4m4, e4m6, e4m8. So maybe you could go for e4m2, Arch-vile? :)
You can also pick e4m4, but I think that episode1 map fit for that slot. It is up to you.

And the rest of mappers I said it to: remember to make the map true to the original map (eg: reusing the theme) and make it hard.

Little Faith said:

I vote for him. Kid Airbag is old school in a Tom Hall'ish way and you know we all love that.

Wow, en dansker. :P

E4M2 is fine. The slot doesn't matter really, just the ability to make a map for this project at all =)