Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tetzlaff

[OT] Kreed released

This is slightly off-topic, but since the game Kreed (from the Russian developer Burut CT) was considered competition for Doom3 some time ago, I thought it would be worth discussing here.

Kreed http://www.kreed3d.com/ has already been released in Russia on August 27, but there is no information at all about a European or international release of the game. Seems like Burut CT doesn´t put any effort in international advertisement of their game. In an other forum a Spanish guy reported that it is available in Spain. The impressions about the game don´t seem to be too positive, which is sad because overall I found the project looked quite promising back in the day.

Kreed is a dark SciFi first-person shooter that takes place on abandoned spaceships and the like. They use a similar bumpmapping technique on the character models like Doom3 (but only used for the models and not for the whole world like in Doom3).

Screenhots: http://www.3dgamers.com/screenshots/games/kreed/

Sorry, but OT topics are meant to be posted in Everything Else. Kreed has absolutely nothing to do with Doom3. I'm moving this to EE.

If you can discuss Halflife2 in the Doom3 forum because it´s a competitor for Doom3, then why not discuss Kreed? And there have been discussions about Kreed in the Doom3 forum 1 year ago. Oh well.

As long as the gameplay is sweet and the level design good the engine need only be decent for all that I care.

If I am going to spend major cash to upgrade my rig to Doom 3 specs I might just as well sink some dough into this too to get more out of the money spent. The only thing I object to is the lame title.

Yes of course, I´m still enjoy playing Q1 custom singleplayer maps today, even if the engine is very old now. But from what I heard Kreed´s gameplay isn´t that great and the level design seems to be quite repetitive.

looks good. question, is there a demo to download? prefered in english
if there is, link?

if there is a demo and it is good i will order