Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nanami

New Guns?

I figured I'd just see what's on everyone's mind again.

First of all, I'm 99% sure SkullTag doesn't want any new guns (so don't take this as begging for new weapons), and even if it did it's hard to come by sprites, but it's always fun to use your brain and come up with neat ideas... so let's hear everyone's suggestions for guns that would be cool in SkullTag.

Slot 1:
Knife - Combat knife! Better/faster than fist, weaker than berserk
Baseball Bat - Good for whackin' people with

Slot 2:
Dual Pistols - Faster than the pistol, slower than chaingun; low accuracy
Some Other Pistol? - A stronger pistol, because the normal pistol sucks =P

Slot 3:
Sawed off Shotgun - Two barrels, shoots one at a time before reload (like Blood)

Slot 4:
Heavy Chaingun - Slower than the chaingun, but stronger (like Heretic's Dragonfist)

Slot 5:
Missile Launcher - Smaller and weaker than rockets, but heat-seek
Spread Missile - Like ROTT's drunk missile... shoots a lot of stuff at once
Mine Launcher - Drops mines on the ground that explode when anyone comes near

Slot 6:
Flamethrower - Fast spray of flames, but has limited range
Flash - Shoots a simple beam of energy (much like railgun)

Slot 7:
Beta BFG - The beta BFG that shot all those projectiles
Fusion Cannon - Like the one in Turok!

So anyone have any wacky ideas?

Devastator: Destroys the WORLD

Nanami said:

Missile Launcher - Smaller and weaker than rockets, but heat-seek

Can it shoot wood?

Infinite Ammunition said:

I swear it'd be damn cool if there was a special version of the Revenant that dropped its armor, giving you both more armor AND the ability to fire homing missiles.

Heh, I was working on that to go along with the mancubus arm. You could fire 2 rockets from your shoulders when the revenant dropped it.

Although with DeHacked you can't really shoot two fireballs like that.

HOWEVER, when Randy finishes the DeH support so you can fully use monster codepointers, you could shoot the spreading Manc fireballs and make them home... but then you'd lose the Manc I suppose.

Yes... you could. You have to use 2 attack shots... say the BFG and the Plasma. Then you have the attack cycle through the 2 codepointers thus firing two different shots. I set their sprites to the Revenant attack and then change their offsets with wintex and voila.

Nanami said:

Although with DeHacked you can't really shoot two fireballs like that.

HOWEVER, when Randy finishes the DeH support so you can fully use monster codepointers, you could shoot the spreading Manc fireballs and make them home... but then you'd lose the Manc I suppose.

Cue the sourceport, in which you can just slap something like Revenant armor as an item into the program itself and be done with it.

Scuba Steve said:

Yes... you could. You have to use 2 attack shots... say the BFG and the Plasma. Then you have the attack cycle through the 2 codepointers thus firing two different shots. I set their sprites to the Revenant attack and then change their offsets with wintex and voila.

Oh yeah, that's true... messing with the offsets. So let's see you make this Scuba! After the ZooM flamethrower of course. ;)

Sniper Rifle? Kind of useless in DM but maybe someday someone could find some use for it. Heh, what a horrible suggestion.

Kamikazi - not so much a weapon but the Q3 version can be pretty entertaining.

NailGun - Quake1 style.

Nanami said:

I figured I'd just see what's on everyone's mind again.
Some Other Pistol? - A stronger pistol, because the normal pistol sucks =P

How about a revolver?

Other random suggestions:

- Blaster pistol (Star Wars style!)

- Freezethrower (ala Duke Nukem)

- Rifle (somewhere between the chaingun and shotgun in speed but more accurate over long distances)

- Link Gun (fires a projectile that travels from one target to another, to a maximum of five times, getting slightly weaker with each hit)

- Drone launcher (fires little robots that circle around you and shoot at enemies, like in those old scrolling arcade games; maybe better as a power-up)

- Black hole generator (fires a projectile that stops in mid-air after a short distance, and creates a nasty looking, uh, blackhole that sucks nearby enemies into it)

- Ion Marker (sends up a signal to an orbital satellite, which proceeds to fire an immensely powerful Ion Beam at the target)

NiGHTMARE said:

- Black hole generator (fires a projectile that stops in mid-air after a short distance, and creates a nasty looking, uh, blackhole that sucks nearby enemies into it)

Haha, that reminds me of the Dark Matter Cube in Turok Evolution. That thing is total cheese in DM. Anyone anywhere near the blast radius is instantly killed.

Nanami said:

Haha, that reminds me of the Dark Matter Cube in Turok Evolution. That thing is total cheese in DM. Anyone anywhere near the blast radius is instantly killed.

Damn, that sounds like a horrible weapon for DM. Almost as bad as a theoretical weapon that kills everything in your view when you fire it. But that's definitely theoretical. 100%. No weapon like that exists. But, it sure would be lame if it did!

I'm also definitely NOT referring to the BFG9000.

I wouldn't add a gun, except maybe a flamethrower might be neat if done right (burning death frames would be teh win). But I'd change the Doom CG into a rifle of some sort, it's silly to have it and the minigun. It could work exactly like the CG, just with different graphics. It's pretty damn slow/wimpy to be a chaingun anyway.

Actually, that's why I made the little weapon mod where the minigun graphic is from in the first place; the chaingun sucks hairy donkey balls.

Espi said:

I wouldn't add a gun, except maybe a flamethrower might be neat if done right (burning death frames would be teh win). But I'd change the Doom CG into a rifle of some sort, it's silly to have it and the minigun. It could work exactly like the CG, just with different graphics. It's pretty damn slow/wimpy to be a chaingun anyway.

Actually, that's why I made the little weapon mod where the minigun graphic is from in the first place; the chaingun sucks hairy donkey balls.

hehe, the minigun is definitely a much better DM weapon, that's for sure :)

Carnevil said:

Damn, that sounds like a horrible weapon for DM. Almost as bad as a theoretical weapon that kills everything in your view when you fire it. But that's definitely theoretical. 100%. No weapon like that exists. But, it sure would be lame if it did!

Yeah, but imagine a BFG that killed everything in sight in all angles (not just in front of you) and lasted for a good 15 seconds, and killed things even with 250 health, 250 armor, and resistance.

I made a BFG gun that sticks to whatever it hits, then goes off every few seconds four times. It was in my "random shit" doom days.

I also made a "heat" rocket which completely liquidated anything near it as it flew. It was amusing to watch.

the quote was originally posted in this thread.

Infinite Ammunition said:

Who cares about the forests? Use nukes instead!

This actually gives me a legitament idea: InstaNuke (or another less lame name)

Basically, it would be a level specific weapon, ie it's mounted in one hard to get to location in the level (similar to the wind tunnels on 'Some Secret Level', if I'm remembering the correct map). There would be a challange to getting to the weapon, and only the best (and the lucky) would find it.

Activating the weapon would kill all the other players on the map within five seconds, causing gibbing on death. 'Radiation Poisioning.' :)

Of course, all good weapons come with drawbacks, and I thought of a listing of potential drawbacks.

• The level would be a nukage testing facility, and therefore there would most likely be numerous radiation suits. Anyone wearing a radiation suit is not killed, but loses half health.

• Player would be required to wear a radiation suit when using weapon, otherwise he'll take damage (but not die).

• The weapon would drain a sufficient ammount of cell ammo to power it.

• Weapon can only be used once every other spawn, IE if a player uses it, he can't use it again until he dies twice.

I'm not sure if the technology is capable at the moment, but either way it'd be cool IMO.

Heh.

scarecrow:

I would change that so that you can use it regardless of spawn characterists, but instead give it a long powerup time that everyone around would be aware of it happening, where the person is in a snipe-able blow-upable gib-able position, so that not only must the person reach this gem, but everyone else must be being jackasses too.

Double pistols? Cory Whittle's Immoral Conduct DEH version mentioned being made for DM/Skulltag, and that it would be updated when the "new skulltag" was out.

Gun armor. Guns mounted in the breast plate. Lets you have a bullet alternate fire while firing your actual guns.

The disembodied eye of a Pain Elemental, which, when thrown upon the ground, would summon several lost souls to attack everything in sight (including you, so you might not want to stay and watch the carnage).