How's your vision?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. How's your vision?

• 20/20 all the way baby
    • I have glasses/contacts that I wear infrequently
    • I wear glasses/contacts on a daily basis
    • Mr. Magoo

None of the above.
I was born with cateracts (sp?). Everyone in my family is. I've had the lens in my left eye replaced with a synthetic one. My vision isnt terrible though. 20/40 in one eye, 20/60 in the other. But due to the operation, my left eye cannot change it's focus.

Edit: Heh, because of the differences between eyes, objects with really fine patterns appear to be flashing rapidly, which makes life interesting. Black lights also look very different from each eye.

I wear glasses (infrequently), so my vision isn't perfect; I tend to have trouble discerning stuff at a distance.

...uses Netscape to see this since it gives me a headache to look at it in Internet Explorer...

i have glasses because i failed the vision test for driving. they're incredibly ugly though and i've never worn them in public.

DJ_Haruko said:

I have about 20/30 vision. I wear glasses everywhere except at home and at my gf's dorm. I dated a girl with 20/400 vision once, though

she would have had to be 20/400 to date you!11111111 hahahahahahhaaaaaah. ha. :P

Arioch said:

I'm going to get lasered sometime early next year.

i had an aunt get that, but they fucked up and her vision's getting worse and worse and will probably go completely blind. just fyi.

I HAVE glasses, but they broke on me several months ago. I used to wear them while driving, at work, and at school, but I get by without them.

My vision is alright. When I was younger I had a tumor in my eye, and I also had drops put in it many times. My vision is quite alright, though things in the distant are a bit blurry, which is a Big problem for me in school, I often use my friend's glasses to help aid my vision. I've went to an Optomitrist twice, once a year, and they said I had a slight blur in the back of my eyes which doesn't harshly need glasses but if I need so, would require them. I still don't have any glasses, for me or my family doesn't have enough to buy any at the momentm but I am doing alright with what I have.

Though I'd love to have Kakashi Contacts for my vision. :D

My vision would be a lot better if my eyes weren't so damn sensitive. I squint while walking in bright sun, etc... but other than that I'm fine. 20/40. Of course if I stay around this thread much longer that's likely to change. ¬_¬ *leaves*

A bit shortsighted, but I don't wear glasses all the time. I don't wear them under ski goggles, but it makes it a bit harder to read signs in the distance. Near sight is good - I can read very small text.

Sphere   Cylinder  Axis
Right -2.50      0.00     0.0
Left  -2.50     -0.50     165.0

Distance  Near
       acuity  acuity 
Right   6/5      n5
Left    6/5      n5

Bloodshedder said:

I HAVE glasses, but they broke on me several months ago.

That reminds me about something kinda funny. My spare pair broke while I was cleaning them a while ago - a crack appeared in the frame without any particular force being applied. The opticians replaced them with another pair of the same design. A few months later, the same thing happened again, and I suggested to the opticians that the frame in question must have a design flaw. They seemed unconvinced, but got a replacement anyway. Just before the glasses were handed to me, the optician gave them a quick polish - and sure enough, they fell apart in her hands. :)

This thread makes my computer cry, but not as much as the inverted thread on another board.

Carnevil said:

I think Ling just wanted to show off his blur effect :P

What blur effect? :p

gatewatcher said:

Mozilla makes your eyes better, seriously, try it. It works, no kidding.

Holy jeez

I first saw this thread while using Mozilla, and I wondered what the hell everyone was talking about.