Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Naked Snake

Elbryan42's site

...kicks ass! It has all the goodies. The only thing I dont like is that the mp2 music wads are not zipped. I am a 56k user so I aint gonna sit around for 5 hours (litterally) to download a wad. Keep up the great work Elbryan!

MASSIVE UPDATE!!!

I am uploading quake II sounds parts 19-30 right now. Hopefully the sounds will be up in a few days on the FTP then Elbryan can get them onto the site.

Thanks! Glad you like it... I'll see how good those wads compress. I doubt that they'll compress that well, since they're mp3s in wad form. I have a few questions for you about the files in your upload though:

1) The heretic sounds zip file won't open. It says that the file is corrupted. Is it done uploading? If it is, you may have to re-upload.

2) About the Quake 2 sounds: I seem to be missing the 10th zip. Better send it over. Are there any zips after 13?

Oh well, better get to sleep. Only 4 hours left until another 10 hour long school day... sigh.

I have just put in quake II sounds pt 10 up for upload. I will get started on the heretic sounds tommorow.

Midis are in the music directories, Doom Music, and Other Music. Never had a chance to put them up on the webpage yet. Maybe later today (I have a test to study for).

5 hours isn't bad... it took me 2 days to download the transformers dvd rip. man, that guy's connection sucked.

well, i just tried zipping the first pc doom music wad. here's the deal:

original size: 33.1 megs
compressed (maximum winzip compression): 33.05 megs

that's right. 50k difference. after careful consideration, i'm deciding not to zip the wads. it'll be too much effort on my side, as well as whoever downloads the wads.

can't say i didn't try.

I told you. =)

It might just be easier to take all the waves, drag and drop them into RazorLame, then just upload the mp3s individually and let people do with them as they please. The files would be 1/8th of their current size probably.

Here's what I did for the wads:

Zdoom supports MP3s, not MP2s. So what I had to do was what you suggested. Wav them, use razorlame to convert into MP3 think they're 96kb/s, the quality of the MP2s), then I threw them into the wad. That's why the wad is much smaller than the console wads. That, and the songs are much shorter. So as per your suggestion, already done a long time ago.

By the way, what happened to your cool "Hentai" avatar?

I mean, Mewse is cool and everything, but your old avatar fit you somehow.

I don't have any problems with my profile, Liam and Lùt were doing some strange avatar hopping crap and somehow I got mixed up into it.

As for the MP3s, yay! =)

After Liam stole Dark Fox's. I was on ICQ and that little puppy came up to me whining. Locking avatars would be nice. I don't want mine showing up on the faces of retards.

Now, to sit back and watch half the people on here choose mine. =P

I was thinking about it... I have been working on my Kanji as of late and I think I can come up with something a bit more fitting. =)

I was thinking of something a little more artistic and a lot less insane, thank you very much.

Not quite. Still missing some zips. parts 6, 7 & 25. Almost there. Any word on the Heretic sounds yet?