Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nick Perrin

IIIIIII'mmmmmmmm Back!!

That's right, Nick Perrin is back! At the time, I am running Win2k, so I will not be able to use wintex and many other doom editing tools! However, I am here to help anyone with EDGE coding and maybe even start a small mod(as you can see, Desert Warrior had a bright future but was abandoned, I was only going to make it about 5 levels anyway). But, however, there is good saying for this event...

"You know a game is outdated once 'oldbies' come back to the community."
-some guy on the RA2/YR forums at deezire.net

So, here I am!

P.S. last time i was here, ZooM was a project idea still on the polls.
Not much visually here has changed(if anything has), but i'm looking forward to playing projects i was looking forward to playing a year ago when I just disappeared and left!

Update: DO NOT POST COMMUNITY WEAPONS MOD IDEAS HERE. I AM OPENING A NEW THREAD IN 'WADS AND MODS' FOR YOUR IDEAS.

Hi Nick, good to see you again :)
I remember your project, sadly we had real lifeĀ“s Desert War , but anyway: Are you thinking about releasing what was finished?

I want a "Dessert War" - not a "Desert War"!

Nick Perrin said:

P.S. last time i was here, ZooM was a project idea still on the polls.

http://zoom.mancubus.net

Getting ready to release a 5 track demo very soon. More than 5 tracks are done, but it's enough for a taste. Contact Nanami or SargeBaldy (info on these forums) if you want more info.

And yeah, wintex works on 2k/Xp for sure. As long as you have VBRUN300.dll you should be ok (for Wintex 4.3). For newer versions it should have what it needs.

i can get wintex running on win2k, but i can't get it to edit sprites with the ms paint plugin(double-click a sprite to edit in paint). I know you can import images for sprites, but when you do the colours screw up, and they are not even negatives so it is not only incovenient but an inavoidable problem.

Edit the wintex.ini to point to the proper path to mspaint.exe, or, even better if you have it, to something like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro. Also, when importing sprites, be sure to have converted them to the Doom palette before you attempt to do so. This can be done by opening up any of the Doom graphics in PSP or PS, saving a palette file, and applying that palette file to the graphic you wish to import.

Heh, it's about time you showed up. :p

Anyways, welcome back. If you wanted to know, I released my final and full version of my mod. Go on and grab it at my site.

Heh, I still play MOUAC.wad with new maps I download. Good stuff.

I had that same messed up colors problem with wintex for me. I just export the sprite I want to edit to file and edit it there. Or I do a quick "Paste From..." in MSPaint and copy my edited image into an image with the doom pallette, such as a previously exported sprite from wintex. Usually works for me.

And I may need help on an EDGE project in the near future, so be ready to give some help to an EDGE editing newbie.

i've tried editing the wintex.ini to suit my mspaint.exe but still no luck, and i have the vbrun300.dll.

DO NOT POST COMMUNITY WEAPONS MOD IDEAS HERE. I AM OPENING A NEW THREAD IN 'WADS AND MODS' FOR YOUR IDEAS.

I need a new avatar.....

Nick Perrin said:

i've tried editing the wintex.ini to suit my mspaint.exe but still no luck, and i have the vbrun300.dll.

DO NOT POST COMMUNITY WEAPONS MOD IDEAS HERE. I AM OPENING A NEW THREAD IN 'WADS AND MODS' FOR YOUR IDEAS.

I need a new avatar.....

sorry