Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomDiz

Custom Textures..............

You open up your favorite paint program and start color something, and ta-ta, you have a flat or texture...

This same question is asked FAR too often. I already made a thourough explination of how to add textures to a PWAD at this post that I found sitting still on the first page

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18991

One of my posts tells ya how to do it. Now in order to get Doom Builder to recognize them... either put them in your PWAD or make an external PWAD and add it when you load your map in DB. Hope that fixes things.

in short:

Make your texture with your favourit paint program.
Make sure you use the Doom pallet.
Save it as a gif file.
Import it into your pwad using NWT for example.

ACK! Whatever you do DON'T USE NWT! That's soo old that's it's completly useless. Get XWE off of Doomworld's utilities page. It allows a much better version of Wad Editing. Just follow my other instructions if you want to add a texture, it's very simple.

I would suggest Wintex, but that would probably make me the topic of many a flame. :P

Doomdiz:
Where can I get that shit??

here

menace:
ACK! Whatever you do DON'T USE NWT! That's soo old that's it's completly useless. Get XWE off of Doomworld's utilities page. It allows a much better version of Wad Editing. Just follow my other instructions if you want to add a texture, it's very simple.

Yes it's old, but it is still the easied way of importing and exporting textures and sounds.

m0l0t0v said:

Yes it's old, but it is still the easied way of importing and exporting textures and sounds.

That's very so much incorrect. Deepsea makes it as simple as

Enter Lump Editing Menu
Click on merge wads, etc.
Open you wad
Choose the files to add
Press save

And there you have it. Your texture it imputted. Now as for getting it to work

Open your P/Texture wad in Deepsea
Enter Lump Editing Menu
Click on Texture/Pnames, etc
Add a PNAME that matches the name of your image
Add a texture and make it the same size as your image and put the PNAME in the menu
Click save

See it's just that easy. NWT drives me crazy because you can't even get your BMP/GIF file off of it unless it's in LMP form...