Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

Most Played DM Megawad?

Hi Doom Community. Been awhile.

I was dropping in because I wanted to do a poll on what are the most played DM Megawads out there, or most the played DM map/wad.

So if people could reply with wads or maps that you think should be considered in the poll, that'd be helpful.

Here are some I can think of off hand (Sorry if I failed to mention some classics, I'm sure I did, though :-/). Any others that should be included in the list?

MAP01
MAP07
Dwango5.wad
Dwango6.wad
Dwango10.wad
Dwango12.wad
UDM.wad
UDM2.wad
Dweller2.wad
Exec.wad
Judas_23.wad
Overload.wad
Greenwar.wad

That's a pretty good list right there. I can't think of any others right now. Heh, people don't seem to be much for variety in the DM community. It's hard to get them to accept something new. :)

Dwango12 should be on the list, methinks. Even though I've never played it, I recall many a time that I've left a Doom Connector room becuase they wanted to play some Dwango...

The most common maps for sure are easily:
Map1 (Most Popular)
Dwango5.wad Map1 (2nd Most Popular)

and one more that wasnt on your list thats played quite a bit imo is Judas23_.wad :)

Yes, r told me about Overload couple years back. Really is great. I'll definately add that. Thanks for reminding me about that "unsung hero" as it were. And Judas, too.

Thanks guys.

Personally I prefer Udm1 over Udm2.

Xfire3 should be played more imo since it is such a good map...

Personally I like greenwar's large ffa maps a lot for 3-8 player games. For 1on1 it's all regular map01 or d5m1 thoúgh.

999cop said:

Personally I prefer Udm1 over Udm2.

Xfire3 should be played more imo since it is such a good map...

Maybe if it was accompanied by other maps people would, If I complete some more maps i'll release the them all in one set.

Or I might just fix the existing ones and let people use them as they wish.

Szy, I still wish to put your map along with my other maps released as one megawad, that good with you?

Hey Erik.

I recently uploaded another 32map mega to /newstuff called r-emaga.wad

It's not quite as polished as Greenwar (and Greenwar wasn't even very polished) but it might be worth a look.