Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nick Perrin

Community Weapons Mod- Submit your favourite weapon ideas!!

The two weapons I always wanted to see were already mentioned:
the longbow and the molotov cocktail

Rune two handed sword, iron dagger, mithril battle axe, or an adamantite hatchet.

Need more weapon ideas, Nick? I got some here:

1. Compact blaster- shoots small green, but not powerful energy blast at high speed. Alternate fire: Fires the weapon gangsta style. Comes in akimbo packs (if you want).

2. Impact Hammer- like in Unreal Tournament. Just pound the enemies close range with this weapon. Alternate fire: Hold secondary to charge, release it will make the hammer twice as strong.

3. Ripper Gun- like Unreal Tournament. It fires razor blades at fast rate. It will slice anyone into chunks with few hits except bosses. Alternate fire: Fires three razorblades at a same time.

4. Tri-Energy Gun- fires three differnt-colored energy blasts. Each colored blasts has different damage. Green has light damage, blue has moderate damage, red has heavy damage. Alternate fire: fires three different colored energy blasts at a same time.

5. Pulse Gun- fires yellowish green energy blasts, but the blasts travel slow. Alternate fire: Fires a concentrated energy beam, but it chews the ammo up like a hog.

6. Displacer Cannon- fires black energy blast at a fast travel rate. Few hits will send the enemy to hell. Alternate fire: Hold secondary to charge, release it to fire a big black energy blast that will send the enemy to hell with one hit except bosses.

7. Devastator- Like in Duke Nukem 3D, it fires 2 small missiles in each weapon.

8. BFG 20K- Fires blue energy blast at a fast travel rate. Be careful, firing the gun at close range will still hurt you or kill you. Alternate fire: Hold secondary to charge, release it will fire big blue blast with wider blast radius when it explodes killing enemies who are around the blast radius.

That's all for now. I'll get some more ideas soon. BTW, you still want military weapon ideas for your mod?

these are all good, but may i ask- what is the Heatseeker Wood? is it from another game? if so, which game? and how does the gun work?

how about a deviator like on dune 2000 -
you shoot a missile at a enemy and he joins your side for about 30 seconds

I got some more, Nick:

1. Pipebombs- like in Duke Nukem 3D, throw, use the hand remote, and boom!!! Alternate fire: Drop the pipebomb.

2. Gas grenade- like regular grenades, these are loaded with tear gas. When you throw it, it spews out a choking cloud of gas. When anyone goes near the gas, they cough so hard, their inner organs will stop and suddenly they will die. Alternate fire: Drop the gas grenade.

3. Laser Gatling Gun- fires a red laser blast travels at a fast rate. Has a high firing rate and kills anyone in seconds, except bosses. Alternate fire: Constant fire mode.

4. Gauntlets of Arch-Vile- fires like a flamethrower, kills troops in seconds. Alternate fire: Drains enemies' health and gives it to the player. Draining enemies' health can go up to 100. When you finish draining enemies' health, they float in mid air and explode afterwards.

5. Flak Cannon- fires a spray of shrapnel at the enemies, like a shotgun blast. This weapon is twice as powerful as a super shotgun. Alternate fire: Fires a shrapnel grenade. Not as powerful as a rocket launcher.

6. Lost Soul Grenade- Need to say more? Just throw the grenade and your Lost Soul will attack anybody except the player.

More to come.

m0l0t0v said:

The two weapons I always wanted to see were already mentioned:
the longbow and the molotov cocktail

Heh, I used to play a character named Molotov Cocktail on IRC in various roleplay channels. Everyone thought I was so clever.

Got some more weapon ideas. Here they are:

1. Beam Sword- just like any sword you can think of, slash the enemies into chunks. Alternate fire- Stab the enemy.

2. Aerosol Can- this aerosol can contains disinfectant. Makes the enemies back off because they hate the smell. Alternate fire: Light the aerosol can with the lighter and throw it. It causes an explosion after thrown. Be careful after explosion, the remains can hurt you or kill you.

3. Scatter Laser Gun- similar to Laser Gatling Gun, but when you fire it, the laser blasts spread around. The firing rate is very fast, but it's inaccurate.

4. Morter Launcher- if you see how the Battlelord uses in Duke Nukem 3D, then you know what it is. Just like the grenade launcher, but the morters are powerful than grenades.

5. Gauss Cannon- just like Half-Life's Gauss Cannon. Fires a railgun-like beam that can kill enemies in seconds, except bosses.

More to come.

i like the idea of archvile gauntlets, archviles will randomly drop them if killed. Primary fire, they will create the archvile vire and lift enemies into the air where they explode, secondary fire will bring enemies back to life to work for you, but it takes ammo and some your health. I'll probably rip the gauntlets from heretic or hexen for the fx of this.

Job said:

Gun armor. Guns mounted in the breast plate (and/or wrists...leaving the hands free to handle pistols or one-handed weapons). Lets you have a bullet alternate fire while firing your actual guns.

Mmm...yeah.

Oh, and how about the sick-stick from Minority report? You jab someone in the stomach with it and the target endures uncontrollable vomit reflexes.

Where's the nail gun?

Or an automatic shotgun a'la Turok 1?

A sword or axe or cleaver might be nice. Or maybe a maul.

A highpower crossbow with a sniper scope.

Ah...the flak cannon.

I finally got Wintex working with the ms paint plug-in, so work on this mod can begin immediately! One thing, though.... what style should the weapons be in, to keep things consistent? should they be 3d-counterstrike style, or normal doom style with the doomguy hands? I'm thnking they should be doom style, as it's just an add-on to doom with weapons and no more.

I'll begin work on certain weapons now, just the funnest ones so i can play around with them. if there are any good graphics artists (like scuba steve) or edge coders around that want to help out or help create their own weapon, feel free to ask, cuz it's going to be a lot of guns!

Nick Perrin said:

i like the idea of archvile gauntlets, archviles will randomly drop them if killed. Primary fire, they will create the archvile vire and lift enemies into the air where they explode, secondary fire will bring enemies back to life to work for you, but it takes ammo and some your health. I'll probably rip the gauntlets from heretic or hexen for the fx of this.

I think use the the other gauntlet (the red claw thingy) in one of the doom alpha versions (if you have one). All you have to do is change the color that matches the color of the Arch-Vile and make it two.

el zee said:

how about a deviator like on dune 2000 -
you shoot a missile at a enemy and he joins your side for about 30 seconds

I want krysknives and wierding modules.

Throw in some laser cannons and sonic tanks for good measure.

How about vehicles? I've got an idea for one:

Metal Slug Tank!
Primary function would be the normal cannon! It has a short range, but it's very powerful! You can upgrade to have armor piercing rounds! It won't be as strong as the normal cannon, but the range is much longer than the normal cannon!
Secondary function would be the miniguns! Those would have unlimited ammo, but they are weaker than the Doom chaingun.
On top of that, you can also run over enemies too!

METAL SLUG TANK IS IN! My idea, though, is to have a big custom level with lots of these guns, then you hop in a tank and blow everyone away and then find the exit!

My ideas:

1. Runesphere: this is a magical ball held in your hand that casts out blue and gold energy pulses that move about twice as fast as the Plasma gun's, but holds a lot less "ammo" (say 100?) and does somewhat less damage. Alternate fire is a brief charge up attack that uses up all the ammo and when fired, makes the screen flash red and white and kills all enemies in a 360 degee arc around you, but only within a short distance.

2. Neural disruptor: this is a futuristic pistol weapon, kind of like the Doom 3 or the Deus Ex stealth pistol. It fires a green laser that does only a few hitpoints of damage, but if you keep firing at an enemy and do a certain amount of hitpoint damage to it, it goes beserk and attacks all enemies around it (including you if you're not careful), with its attacks doing 25% more damage and the enemy moving twice as fast. Could that be done with EDGE? For multiplayer it'd strip away armour (doesn't make sense but meh :p ) 2X faster than health, doing damage a bit less than the shotgun for health.

Secondary fire could be a short-range electrical stun-gun.

Nick Perrin said:

should they be 3d-counterstrike style, or normal doom style with the doomguy hands? I'm thnking they should be doom style, as it's just an add-on to doom with weapons and no more.

Mine sould be old style... and it should look like: A chain saw body without the blade... and a barrel/mixed up body of a BFG 9000. If you are to close to it when it goes off, you get hurt....

( ONLY NICK SHOULD ANSWERE.) Did you like my idea... or not?

Got some more weapon ideas:

1. Crowbar- Primary fire: Swing the crowbar, fast way. Alternate fire: Hold secondary to bring the crowbar up, release it for a powerful blow.

2. Lead pipe- same function as crowbar, but weaker.

3. .50 CAL Sniper Rifle- Primary fire: Fires a .50 CAL bullet at a fast travel rate.

4. Laser Sniper Rifle- same function as .50 CAL sniper rifle, but travel rate is faster and the stronger than the other sniper rifle.

5. Heavy Assault Rifle- Primary fire: Fires a 8.00x50mm bullet at a fast travel rate. Alternate fire: Fires a 50mm grenade launcher. Very slow to reload.

6. Napalm Cannon- Primary fire: Fires a flamethrower flame, but the range is limited. Alternate fire: Fires a napalm fireball, but it chews the ammo like a hog. When it explodes, it leaves a flame which can cause the player to take damage when he/she goes near it. This is also goes with enemies.

7. Homemade Explosives In a Water Bottle- Primary fire: This exploive is made out of gasoline, ether, acetone, propane, and any other flammable substance filled in a water bottle. It also has a stick of dynamite wrapped around in the water bottle acts as a fuse and the source of explosive charge. When it explodes, take cover because the remains can hurt you or kill you. Alternate fire: Drop the explosive.

8. Nail-chaingun Cross Hybrid Weapon- Primary fire: Fires nails at insane firing rate. Alternate fire: Constant fire mode.

9. Spike Missile Launcher- Fires a minature spike missiles at a fast firing rate. Can carry two spike missile launchers.

10. Acid Thrower- Primary fire: Just like Unreal Tournament's Bio Rifle, fires a goo of corrosive acid that can go to the enemy's skin and die. The remains can still hurt you or kill you. Alternate fire: Hold secondary to charge, relaease it will fire a huge goo of acid.

More to come.

i need to find and make a lot of good gun graphics for these weapons, it might take awhile as they will be 'doom style' weapons, and there will be a lot of custom death animations for different weapons(like acid weapons will burn enemies down to muscle or skeleton, flamethrowers make enemies run around on fire, stuff like that).

How about a gun that does MASSIVE damage to the enemy, but the ammo supply feeds off your health. That would be cool.

I need art donations, i can handle sounds by myself. If you can just send me one sprite, i can turn it into a full weapon(sometimes). I can do a lot of the stuff myself, but this is a shitload of very different and differing weapons!!!!!

ravage said:

I want krysknives and wierding modules.

Throw in some laser cannons and sonic tanks for good measure.

There is an ancient weapons mod by Team TiC turning the BFG into a sonic blaster. It was used in the first Massmouth wad.

Xaser said:

How about a gun that does MASSIVE damage to the enemy, but the ammo supply feeds off your health. That would be cool.

Strife's Sigil, heh. The final mode is nuts :)

The final mode of the sigil is cool, but is does so much damage to you and not enough damage to your enemy in comparison- the 3rd or 4th mode, i can't remember which right now, is the best one in terms of damage to you and your enemy, and the final mode does less damage directly than it does.

Edit: Wait, i'm not sure what the final mode does... is it the one where it shoots a big ball that shoots electricity out of itself to the side and explodes with a huge explosion?

A lot of the weapons here are actually not possible in EDGE, like ones that "feed off your health", or make the enemies go beserk

Hm, my idea is one ive had for quite a while, and it sounds quite childish actually XD, its basically the "Rainbow ray", and it shoots rapid fire plasma-like shots of different colours (and shoots them all in sequence), all of them have different properties, for instance

Blue-Just a normal plasma ball
Green-Homing
Red-Tunneling (goes through enemies until it hits a wall, you need to put TUNNEL in the projectile specials)
Yellow-Flare, also works like a normal plasma ball, but creates a lot of light around it while it flies (though it'd only really work in openGL mode, though in software mode things still light up surrounding objects based on how big thier light is in opengl mode)
Orange-Exploding, does a bit of area damage
Purple-...um, dunno

Secondary fire could shoot all of them at once, but like a shotgun

deathbringer: Actually, it is possible to make weapons that feed off of your health. Baron of Sigma's EB DooM mod has a fully emulated Sigil that even takes away your health for using it!