Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

The /newstuff Chronicles #156

Cyb said:

also the only person that actually calls them that is Ultimate Doomer. Everyone else calls them voodoo dolls

manikin

RjY said:

If you see one in open play it looks exactly like a life-size player which is why some people call it a mannequin. Or a manikin, if they can't spell.

Cyb said:

also the only person that actually calls them that is Ultimate Doomer. Everyone else calls them voodoo dolls

I'm also the only one that uses them in open play... (co-incidence?)

ravage said:

I actually liked maps 20, 31-41

Oh, and Ultimate Doomer, were you trying to rape my eyes in the fog?

Nope, I was abusing ZDoom fog by using it in every sector...

anyone play any of the wads that aren't mock2? like *cough* mine *cough*. cheers for the favourable, if brief, review graz!

I don't understand how can someone find mock2 fun.
I can't believe that it took that time to be finished.
--
I liked imp war, but yes, it was too easy and short, but the gameplay was nice.

IC1Room (AKA Go!) proves that detail alone doesn't make a good map..

Enter was an excellent first map though. Some really innovation here. Some complaints though:

• too many misalignments
  • a little too copy-and-pasty
  • way too dark at some points
  • get some new music :P

Man, mock2 is awesome :) MAP29 had me roflolmaomg-ing, as well as many other maps. I salute Hyena and crew for producing a very hilarious, entertaining wad. I'd put up a Skulltag co-op server for this, but maps like MAP07 would probably suck up all my bandwidth :)

Grazza said:

Actually I have, and I thought it was an excellent example of a completely unfunny joke wad. Well OK, I giggled for a few seconds at the demons, but the whole thing became tedious somewhere around map02, and the gameplay was horribly repetitive (for some reason I played as far as map14 or so before abandoning it). Anyway, I can't believe that lamedoom involved more effort than Mock2, even with all the sprite replacements.

I feel the same way. For some reason, Mock2 has something that draws me back every time. I've played through the full set several times, in single player, coop, and DM. And no, it's not just because I'm a team member that I feel compelled to play it, I actually like the levels.

I played LameDoom and had the same reaction. All the monsters were funny, and the guns were funny, but somewhere around MAP05 I got bored and summoned the remaining monsters I hadn't seen yet and then exited. I'm not sure what it was... but it's not something I feel I can play more than once.

anyone play any of the wads that aren't mock2? like *cough* mine *cough*. cheers for the favourable, if brief, review graz!

Or my DM wads? Everyone whines that DC is dying yet obviously no one here DMs... so where are all these dmers that are so upset about DC being gone? I don't make DM wads for my own health. Please, people, use them!

Oh, and if the only reason you aren't bothering downloading my wads is cause of the texturing, by all means, texture them if you feel so inclined! Rellik did, and he made la55d look hella nice.

Zdoom cab has changed again. Does anyone have a link where I can download cab 53?

1. too many misalignments

where?

1. a little too copy-and-pasty

unless it's just me: copy and paste doesnt work in doombuiulder with sectors. every inch is hand carved out of the finest marble by myself

3. way too dark at some points

it was a lame attempt to generate atmosphere

4. get some new music

i always play with music off, so it doesnt bother me

Rich said:

Zdoom cab has changed again. Does anyone have a link where I can download cab 53?

Use 47.cab, it works fine (I've played it with that) and is still in the zdoom.org/files/lars folder.

Using Doom2 you can get a VPO in cyc-a.wad in the central room looking through it from near the blue key door once the Cacodemon alcoves have opened.

I found most of mock2's maps to be too irritating to be funny (Ejipt, for example). While I did chuckle here and there, I found myself warping from one map to the next just to look at them for a bit and then move on.

Edit: The music was pretty cool though.

47.cab work except for map 10. At least one flat isn't read by the game and it shuts down.

myk said:

Using Doom2 you can get a VPO in cyc-a.wad in the central room looking through it from near the blue key door once the Cacodemon alcoves have opened.

Oops - look who didn't test it with doom2.exe. Details amended accordingly.

Now I finally got through Enter; I like the way the textures were used (a not uncommon theme, but well combined with the architecture here) and the challenge factor seemed fine (albeit I only played in a relatively cautious way.)

Not to argue with sargebaldy or anything like that but the dark sections were not that dark, and they weren't heavily populated, so it was alright. As for misalignments, there aren't any obvious ones (but the map isn't using a theme where these show up easily.)

Szymanski said:

MAP09 of Mock2 is particularly awfull

Thanks =)

The MIDI was translated to another format and got butchered in the process. Unfortunately, this was necessary because the original MIDI was so complex it even bluescreened a few people's XP machines. Here's a screenshot of the drumtrack in Cakewalk. It was also my first (and probably last) 1MB MIDI file.

pritch said:

Lüt I want to coop it with you ASAP, if it even supports that.

*** pritch has joined #coop
*** ChanServ sets mode: +o pritch
< pritch > OMG COOP WEEKEND
*** Z_z is now known as Kazekage
*** pritch is now known as pritch|zzz
< Kazekage > SO MUCH FOR COOP WEEKEND
*** pritch|zzz has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 493 seconds)

plays through Mock2.wad

Oh, My, God... my brain is melting, melting...

Wow, that was a ...unique experience. Can't say it was all bad, but not all funny either, although some spots were hilarious. Well, I was going to play some of the other wads in this weeks upload, but I think my mind is warped too much from playing Mock2. Man my head hurts!

cycloid said:

unless it's just me: copy and paste doesnt work in doombuiulder with sectors. every inch is hand carved out of the finest marble by myself

It's just you. Get the latest version (1.01).

About 1% of Mock 2 was brilliant and the other 99% was boring as sin.

Oh yeah and I liked how it made fun of me on more than one occasion. And how there was a switch in a secret level especially for me! What it does is my little secret because I assume no one else pressed it, since of course they are not me.

Ultimate Doomer's bridge arena thing could actually work out well as a normal level, with a bit more detail and less raining chainsaws.

Other favorite things were the switch in "So Ur Trapped Eh", the Cacodemon Burly Brawl (as I like to call it), Cybmock (Especially the "brother" section) and of course, the credits map.

So, yeah. I like Mock 2.