Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marco

Community Chest Wad, Map 12 demo?

Has anyone done a demo on the CChest.wad, Map 12? That is a really great map! I have been playing it with Zdoom, but have run into a snag on a couple of things. Namely I can't seem to find the place where you activate the opening for the red door. Also I can't find the place where you activate the ledge that rises up to allow you to go over the wall into the area where the exit is. I know I can jump over the wall with Zdoom but I would like to be able to find the switch (or whatever) that causes that step to rise also. Thanks for any advice and/or the posting of the demo.

Yes, I worked on that map and completed an extremely slow UV demo; however, it's nothing I want to post as it needs a lot of work. I will take a look and try to answer your questions.

I'll first look under my editor. If the answer isn't obvious I'll look at my lmp. :)

Hello again.

I just remembered the author of that map and sent him an email. I figured, if he's available, his explaination would be more concise than mine. If not then I'll do a quick and sloppy nomonsters walkthrough.

Marco said:

Has anyone done a demo on the CChest.wad, Map 12? That is a really great map!

thanks!

I can't seem to find the place where you activate the opening for the red door.

In the same room as the red door is a round staircase with a door at the bottom. Follow that door into a sewer like area. Just follow the path from there.

I can't find the place where you activate the ledge that rises up to allow you to go over the wall into the area where the exit is. I know I can jump over the wall with Zdoom but I would like to be able to find the switch (or whatever) that causes that step to rise also.

JUMPING IS CHEATIN! After you open the red door go through and you'll reach a ledge with a pit of sludge next to it. Jump in the pit and follow the edge of the wall to a small staircase neatly concealed in the dark. It leads to a door which will take you to the other side of the grate in the mainroom. A switch to raise the step to the exit pit is there!

So anyway here's my demo, it's for PrBoom 2.2.3

cc12dmo.zip

Three cheers for Use3D.

I've completed 19 demos for the cchest megawad. Of those 19, 17 are already posted at Opulent's DSDA site and I'll soon send the other 2. I also know that Erik Alm completed 1 of the maps.

There are several well designed and interesting maps in this megawad so I've often wondered why there were no other recordings. If not the wish of others in the community I know some of these designers are skilled enough to complete demos of their own maps.

Hey, I've done demos of all the stuff I designed and some of them are posted - I have no shame. I guess I'm trying to say that at times the only demo anyone may see is the one you create yourself.

Perhaps Use3D will start a trend. :)

Sorry - end of pep talk.

you could post my old demo I sent you if you want Use3D, I dont have it anymore.

Use3D said:

So anyway here's my demo, it's for PrBoom 2.2.3

Nice demo! This is the second time I've watched this and it was as enjoyable as the first.

Thanks alot for the help with that. The demo itself gave me what I was looking for. I had the red key, but what I didn't know yet was that you had to shoot at a target across the acid pond to get the bars to lift in order to get to the red switch. Let me say again what a great and enjoyable map that is to play. The whole thing is very well laid out. It has alot of really nice detail, and the monster to ammo ratio is, in my opinion, very fair while at the same time, very challenging. As far as I'm concerned, the whole megawad is destined to be a classic. Cudos to all who were involved in creating it!