Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Igor9

Botherhood of Ruin

Back in /newstuff #115, deathz0r really ripped up this wad. What do the rest say, yea or nay?

I haven't seen the review but I liked the wad. It was a good mix of combat and exploration and it used an interesting temple atmosphere. Only downside was expecting 4 more levels because of the error in the text, but it was still a good 7-level episode. :)

Hmm, I begin to realise after more readings of /newstuff that deathz0r is really harsh. Newstuff #106 was really funny :)

Assuming you mean "The Brotherhood of Ruin" (ruinbros), then the general consensus is that it is an excellent little episode, and it is by a well-respected and experienced mapper. It figures fairly often when people give lists of favourite wads.

I recommended it here too.

Rich has recorded demos on all seven maps.

deathzor is just crazy, runibros is good stuff (a little cramped, yes, but there's always a way to back out of the cramped spots)

I loved ruinbros when it was first released, havent played it much since, but I remember it was good value.

This wad is in my top 10 easily, due to the superb atmosphere and extremely original and well executed theme. The only downside is the slow gameplay if you are a shoot and run type of guy. If you like slow and careful play paired with the best atmosphere ever created in doom this is the best you can get.

Before we all go a shaming I would like to add that Deathz0r is actually is a quite decent /newstuff reviewer.

He just had a brief "primadonna" period where he would focus more on his own person and "precious review style" than the wads actually to be reviewed. Hopefully he seems to have gotten over it by now.

deathz0r makes doomworld more interesting, I can almost imagine him stabbing the wads with a rusty kitchen knife screaming "WHY?! WHY!?!" Alot of the wads out there are quite difficult actually :(