Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Mock2 demos

Here are three demos on Mock2.wad. I recorded them fairly casually; I don't see much point trying to do very polished demos on these maps.

Recorded with Zdoom 2.0.55. As soon as I had finished recording, that version had been removed and 2.0.56 had appeared (sigh). Fortunately all three play back with that version, though I've no idea whether they'll play back OK with tomorrow's version. :p

Map03 NM 1:24; Map32 UV Speed 2:40; Map35 UV Speed (secret exit) 2:17

mocklmp1.zip

I recorded a demo of me completing my own map (map18) in 36 seconds, using ZDoom 2.0.56. Kinda unfair (to my advantage), but I'd like to see someone try better. =P
Apologies/credits to Grazza for the text template... or something.

m218-036.zip

I'm not too tempted to record on map18 myself. :) I might try map36 though. lol.

You're more than welcome to use the template. It's not like I invented it, after all.

BTW, I'd avoided the naming convention m2nn-xxx because that's the one used for Memento Mori 2 demos. No big deal, of course.

Here are three more. All recorded with Zdoom 2.0.56.

Map02 UV Max 2:12
Map23 UV Pacifist 0:58
Map36 UV Speed (secret exit) 6:13

If you value your sanity, you may wish to think carefully before watching the map36 demo. [edit]I didn't know how to reach the "normal" exit; see deathz0r's demo several posts lower down for that.[/edit]

mocklmp2.zip

Recorded map 19 UV speed in 0:37. Recorded in ZDooM 1.22.

Sorry, Mephisto00, didn't mean to steal your thunder, but I became interested in the map when I saw your post.

BTW, Grazza, what can you do about the naming convention? ;-)

m219-037.zip

deathz0r said:
I recorded a demo of me completing my own map (map18) in 36 seconds, using ZDoom 2.0.56.

Nice.. I tried a different route a couple of times with a best time of.. 0:36! :-)

Hey,

Did my own UV maxdemo of map22 as well. Almost died several times... I recorded it with Zdoom v50 (2.0.48.0). Sorry about the way I posted the version (never posted one with Zdoom). The time for the demo is 7:23. Enjoy...

Laters,
Richie

mk22-723.zip

Sorry Guys,

Couldn't post the demo for some reason... If anyone wants to see it just email me...

Laters

no problem, Rich, that's happened to (almost)all of us on this board the first time.
You're one of those players, like Ryback or Donce, who only release top notch stuff. I really look forward to this. :)

Whatsa Happening Man,

Thanks Bud, I appreicate the kind words... I think you'll like the demo. I had fun making it, and making a a$$ outta myself when I posted the last two posts... Heh, we all learn, it just takes some of us alot longer... Okay, and eternity in some cases... :)

Laters man,
Richie

Another Mock2 demo, this time of MAP36, activating the secret normal exit switch. I wasted a few seconds here and there, but a decent run for my second ever attempt to speedrun.

(I love my cutscenes, makes people get really shitty (even myself sometimes) because of how long they take (my stab at people who make long cutscenes))

mo36-237.zip

Map knowledge does help. :)

You could have made the cutscenes far more annoying if the player had been more vulnerable to attack during them. That can happen during the first one, but not the later ones.

For some reason I really liked the way "LOL" pops up in changing colours when you kill a monster in this map. Dunno why, it just seemed cool in an infantile sort of way.

ragnew said:

Did my own UV maxdemo of map22 as well. Almost died several times... I recorded it with Zdoom v50 (2.0.48.0).

That was great. Did you ever die in the room full of megaspheres? Sounds kind of silly, but I imagine it is quite possible.

BTW, I think you might be making things more difficult for yourself by using v.50. That was just before some major changes that, amongst other things, made one-shot BFG spider-mastermind kills very likely. On the other hand, it might make the monsters more dangerous too. Cyb described those rather major changes here.

Whats up Grazza,

Yeah, I think dying in the Megasphere room is very, very likely as well. Especially if you kill the Viles while inside it. Luckly it didn't happen to me, but I did die just about everywhere else on that map. Also, thanks for all the info about using another version, as well as the compliment. I'm glad you liked the lmp.

Laters,
Richie

Ok, here's a couple more - map 07 UV max in 9:22, and (drum roll)............map 08 UV max (as far as possible given the ammo) in 56:59!!!! (there's one to keep you going for a while)

Call me what you will, but I did it.

(see my next post for the attachment as it was corrupted apparently)

The zip for map07 and map08 seems to be corrupted. Was the file-size more than 64kb? (I'm not sure what happens then; I'd imagine it would just reject it though). I'd be surprised if an hour-long demo zipped to less than 64kb.

Please try again (if it is less than 64kb); otherwise try e-mailing it to me (you've got my address; it's in my text-files anyway).

Anyway, it's nice to see you're recording. I was wondering if anyone would take on map07; I enjoyed that map, despite its frustrations.

BTW, the problem I'd been having in map39 (using 2.0.53) vanished when I played it with 2.0.56. I ended up ph33ring teh invisable arxh-vill unfortunately, but I'll try again. :)

Yep, I thought I'd have a go at map 07 which I quite enjoyed (especially the first time I played it, when I had <10% health).

Bet you were wondering if anyone would have a go at map 08 though...

(anyway, here's the zip again - it's only 26k so it was just my browser again, dunno what's up with it)

mo07&08.zip

Grazza said:

I'd be surprised if an hour-long demo zipped to less than 64kb.

Just for your interest: while all lmps compress very well, those recorded with keyboard-only compress up to a few times better than mouse ones and can reach the ratio of 20 and even more.

Okay, a few more: map 33 (2:50), map 39 (26:39 - I had to do this one), map 12 (8:01) and map 13 (5:14). All UV Max with 2.0.47. I tried map 20 a few times but keep running out of ammo, jumping as a result and getting splattered.

moc2tudd.zip

Grazza said:

I'd be surprised if an hour-long demo zipped to less than 64kb.

I've got a 197 minute demo on my HD that compresses to about 104k...

The Ultimate DooMer said:

btw, what does everyone think of my first foray into demo recording?

I've watched most of them and enjoyed them. I haven't watched the very long ones though. I tried watching the map39 demo using -timedemo, but it desynched in the room with all the voodoo dolls (:p).

Personally, I'd prefer demos where you tried to perform the task as quickly as possible, but maybe other people think teh funneys are worth the extra time.

In the MockDonalds map, I don't know why you didn't collect teh secret BFG though. Is it cauz theyr gay?

The Ultimate DooMer said:
btw, what does everyone think of my first foray into demo recording?

It's always interesting to watch demos of how other people play. :-)