Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SteelPH

Blame the toys

http://money.cnn.com/2003/11/24/news/companies/violent_toy/index.htm?cnn=yes

Let's raise a nice good generation of pacifists that can learn to play well with all the bloodthirsty terrorists in the world and never ever have violent thoughts or get angry! They might punch someone in the nose and that won't be good! We can't expose them to the dangerous things in the world, it might bruise their self esteem! It's ok if their nonviolence gets them horribly mutilated and murdered or blown up in a suicide airplane crash as long as they're nice to others!(/dripping sarcasm)

This makes me sick! Sure, maybe Jesus once said to "turn the other cheek", and sometimes you should, but he also told his disciples to buy swords dammit. These people need to GET A LIFE and stop telling everyone else how to live theirs!

I grew up with tons of fictious violence and I'm pretty convinced it hasn't done me any harm. It has desensitized me to violence on tv screens and pc monitors, but I'm still scared shitless by real-life violence.

Message to all adults of this world : let them play. They don't fucking need you to tell them which toys are "appropriate" and which aren't.

Oh shit! I used to have a Casey Jones action figure. That was one of my favorites!

Why do you guys let this get to you? It's just some 'radical' christian organization that wants to sanitize everything. Just make sure you guys pose no silly restrictions like dresscodes or toys on your children. That'll show them right?

yea there are nut balls out there. honestly my mother is best friends with such a moron.

in this day and age i see such religious dogma more harmful than good. my mother is firends with a woman who is a very strict catholic. she pulled her kids out of school and home taught them. why? well because a few time teachers had said god damn. none of her kids will ever be able to get a GDE or diploma because she spoon fed them alot of BS. sure they could quote every thing in the bible, but thats it. one of the kids was once talking to me about kennedy and all that. he then asked what a PT boat was. i told him it was a boat from the WW II era. he only knew of a war and couldn't even tell me the years it took place. so i filled him in. When i got to the part about the holocaust he kinda freaked, as if he didn't belive it. the mother was upset with the fact i had 'filled in the gaps' she never taught them about it due to the violence. however guess what i dout she filled them in about all the genocide preformed by the church either.

anyways point is there are alot of nut balls out there. they make them selves look dumb. only thing sad is they bring children down too. Its almost pure comedy to watch them bitch while you site back and enjoy life. get used to them, and remeber most of them are just bat shit insane

Ralphis said:

Music and television will corrupt most of their minds eventually anyway

Not true. There has never been a case where Alan Parsons has corrputed someone through his music. And who doesn't like Looney Tunes?

Koishi says...

[b]DONT LISTEN TO RAP MUSIC OR IT'LL MAKE YOU POOR!!!

meanwhile, that list is worse than last year. most
of those toys are harmless and Terminator 3 is marketed for
adults, not kids.... And what's so damn bad about a fucking
diecast car? "WOW! IT'LL MAKE THEM INTO STREET RACERS! OH GNO!"

Casey Jones probably looks too much like Jason for their taste with the hockey mask and all. Because you know, hockey masks are evil as are various other pieces of sports equipment, such as jock straps. Evil I tell you!

Sports are evil. They breed competition which is the spawn of satan.

Sports are evil. Ban them.

Most violent toys? I wonder if these kids will ever be allowed to play contact sports.

Damn right. At the very least take them out of public school budgets so I won't have to pay for them with my fucking tax dollars in the future.

These dumbasses are focusing on the wrong things . . .

ravage said:

No it isn't. Satan was spawned from the Stagnant Demesne, which originated from all of our own minds. Satan is a myth. Well, to me, at least. I apoligize if you're Christian and are about to read the following sentence.

The bible is a load of BS.

I don't see anything remotely religious anywhere in that article.

They're saying that combat and violence should not be marketed as "fun" and "entertaining" to small children. They're right. While this is unlikely to cause major problems later in life, it is likely to cause behavioral problems during that stage of youth (such as hitting other people, getting into fights with kids, et cetera).

If "not hitting and kicking other people" is pacifist, then that would mean that pacifism is obviously good.

Darkhaven3 said:

No it isn't. Satan was spawned from the Stagnant Demesne...

Oh dear, D'Sparil is going to corrupt us all with his viiiioolent toys of his. Whatever shall we do?

Music and television will corrupt most of their minds eventually anyway

The world's been there and done that. 3rd World countries have that over the rest of us. Scary isn't it?

Ichor said:

Oh dear, D'Sparil is going to corrupt us all with his viiiioolent toys of his. Whatever shall we do?

Become powerful Heretics and fuck him over with an Elvenwand and a stick with a plastic head on it.BTW : I was being stupid, I knew that it was from Heretic tSotSR.

One of these days you won't be able to buy toy guns any more. I remember picking up two or three with each visit to the Toys R Us.

Dammit, I was raised on action figures more violent than that, doom, wolf3d, quake, playing war games out in the backyard, and owning a whole arsenal of toy guns(including a bitch-ass rocket launcher AND the doom shotgun). I led a very violent youth, according to them. Now look at me. I'm a very pacifistic person! What are they basing their findings on? They need to think of what the kid will turn out like in the long run. I tell you, these kids today get none of the cool toys.

They're right. While this is unlikely to cause major problems later in life, it is likely to cause behavioral problems during that stage of youth (such as hitting other people, getting into fights with kids, et cetera).

Heh, he's right. I know serveral kids that are living proof.

*Shakes head* Oh, man. Damn religious activists. Funny, annoying, and just plain sad all at once.

My basic theory is this: if they're gonna restrict themselves to have NO LIFE, the lest they can do is refrain from dragging the rest of the world with them. ¬_¬

Lesse...I grew up on Doom, Ninja Turtles action figures, the Ninja Turtles Pizza Shooter (best toy ever), mock gun fights, fight club style lawn battles, smear the queer, looney toons, three stooges, G.I. Joes, and all kinds of stuff. And I dont really think I'm violent. In fact, I consider myself a pacifist.

A "children's advocacy group." I don't see the word "Christian" in there anywhere.

Really, I've seen nothing but the shoddiest arguments on this thread from those against their idea. How anyone can be opposed to encouraging nonviolent behavior among young children. "Oh, well I grew up fine." Oh, really...

Well I think if there would be any 'perfectly molded child' it would be the antithesis of AndrewB anyway.