Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fodders

England wins world cup!

Yeah, you limey bastards got lucky. Damned Wilkinson, Magic Boot my ass :P, He's the only player in that team that's any good. I mean it's humiliating for us, that's for sure....good lord. WE GOT BEATEN BY ENGLAND????? ENGLAND? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh :P

Nah, In all seriousness, was a great game. England did atleast finally deserve to win something.....nut payback will be ours next world cup :D

Um, wasn't World Cup last year, 2002? I've lost touch to World Cup ever since I came to America, what a shame...

999cop said:

Um, wasn't World Cup last year, 2002? I've lost touch to World Cup ever since I came to America, what a shame...

If you look at the pic closely, you will notice the guy is running with the ball in his hand, so it's not Association football and the Jules Remy Trophy, but obviously RUGBY FOOTBALL and the Webb Ellis Cup :P

fodders said:

Yes! And without all that stupid padding you yanks use :P

Yeah, American football is stupid. It's the same thing but with armor.

If I watched any sort of sport at all it'd be soccer, but I think watching sports is dumb.

<Nanami> Sports are an athletic activity. You do them to get exercice, to have fun, to feel healthy and enjoy yourself. Sitting on the couch eating potato chips watching OTHER people do that is just stupid.

Of course that's just my opinion. I like playing sports but I've never wanted to just watch.

Wilkinson plays for the Newcastle Falcons.. along with Edwards and myself, he forms the 'trio of newcastle jons of greatness'

fodders said:

If you look at the pic closely, you will notice the guy is running with the ball in his hand, so it's not Association football and the Jules Remy Trophy, but obviously RUGBY FOOTBALL and the Webb Ellis Cup :P

Opps, I overlooked that, and I always thought Fod would only talk about the kind of "football" in his country :p

There's world cups for a few sports, but most of them are obscure (over here, only footie, rugby and cricket get any mention)

LorD BaZTArD said:

Yeah, you limey bastards got lucky. Damned Wilkinson, Magic Boot my ass :P, He's the only player in that team that's any good. I mean it's humiliating for us, that's for sure....good lord. WE GOT BEATEN BY ENGLAND????? ENGLAND? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh :P

Hahahahahahaha!!!!

In any case it wasn't just down to Wilkinson - we scored the same as you did (one unconverted try, four penalties) and the same number of players (2) scored for both sides. It's just that we have the killer response in/near sudden death...

fodders said:

Yep. Both physical and commercial padding...

999cop said:

Opps, I overlooked that, and I always thought Fod would only talk about the kind of "football" in his country :p

England WON the cup, it is a type of football in my country. In fact we invented it, or William Web Ellis did. When at Rugby School , "with fine disregard for the rules of football (soccer) as played in his time, first took the ball in his arms and ran with it, thus originating the distinctive feature of the Rugby game", hence the name of the game :)
There were more players on the field back in the 1700's

fodders said:

And stopping after every 2 seconds of play.

it cost me and my dad $762 for two tickets to the grand final. but it was worth it, the greatest match i can remember in my lifetime. the atmosphere when Flatley kicked that penalty to even the match was unbelievable. It also took us 2 hours to get out of the damn stadium.