Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

Updated pics on Descent4 - Leap of Faith

Oh dear God it's Legacy!!! Seriously, that port should be banned!!! I absolutely hate Legacy!!! Sorry, I don't want to turn this into a flamewar or anything, and those screenies look okay *shudders*. Sorry, just that washed-out look really bugs me. Very odd design, by the way.

geekmarine said:

Oh dear God it's Legacy!!! Seriously, that port should be banned!!! I absolutely hate Legacy!!!

boris said:

It's ZDoom.

ROFL @ geekmarine...

...and then flames him to oblivion for commiting such terrible blasphemy against the almighty ZDoom.

kinda reminds me of null space

btw align those textures on the brick pillars or I shall smote thee where thoust stand, or something

You can see from two miles away that those are 2-sided lines. And Legacy has some lame health icon. Face it, it's ZDoom.

There are no misaligned textures, and finally - it is actually compatible with both Zdoom AND Legacy and I would imagine most Boom type engines. I wouldn't put it in a gl port though.
As for the "washed out" thing - I had to brighten them up so it kind of does that and the red one I had just gotten hit by a fireball.
Screenpics REALLY don't do this map justice but it shows you some of what I'm working on - cages in midair with creatures firing at the player, platforms that are in midair - door in midair, etc...
ALOT of 3d effects in this one. Makes Bloodworks look kind of pedestrian by comparison.
I guarantee, you've NEVER seen a map like this one, and - best of all - it's almost done. I've been working on it for close to 6 months.

Brad_tilf said:

There are no misaligned textures

So those brick pillars were deliberately done like that? *shudders*

Brad_tilf said:

There are no misaligned textures

in the third pic, the brick textures on the pillars look like they need x offsets applied

Szymanski said:

in the third pic, the brick textures on the pillars look like they need x offsets applied

Nah - they got warped in the translation somehow. They are perfectly fine in the game.