Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fodders

New Bush Tape Raises Fears of Attacks

Disassociated Press

A tape today surfaced in U.S. media outlets of someone purporting to be George W. Bush at a U.S. military base in Baghdad.

Intelligence analysts around the world are studying the videotapes. "It certainly looked and sounded like him, but we get so few glimpses at Bush in real-life situations that it is hard to tell," said one operative from a Western intelligence agency.

People who know Bush said it appeared to him. "That's him, all right," said one longtime associate.

The tape shows the man claiming to be Bush praising U.S. attacks in Iraq. "We will stay until the job is done," he threatened.

The videotape was delivered to the Baghdad bureau of FOX News by an intermediary courier who has brought material before from the U.S. military, according to the U.S. network.

There were calls for FOX to be banned from some Arabic countries for broadcasting American militaristic propaganda.

While the quality of the tape was not poor, the alleged Bush did appear tired in portions of it, prompting speculation that he is on the run...

:P

Jeez. I read about two lines and know it was fake. It's pretty pathetic when you see words such as "today," "said one operative," and "said one longtime associate."

Fake newswriting at its worst.

hehe, pretty amusing. Nice parody on the Usama/Saddam/whoever-is-next tapes.

AndrewB said:

Jeez. I read about two lines and know it was fake. It's pretty pathetic when you see words such as "today," "said one operative," and "said one longtime associate."

Fake newswriting at its worst.

Since you obviously didn't get the joke I'll Break it down for you.

1. When the war in Iraq ended and Saddam was seen on Video tapes, alanysts were brought in to determine if it was Saddam or a body Double.

2. The article brings in analysts to see if President Bush on these tapes is indeed him or a body double.

3. The parrallels between 1 and 2 are what some call a satire or parody. In it, one tries to make fun of a situation, usually political, by drawing similarities between the event and another in a comical way.

4. An underlying humor of the post, lies in the fact that President Bush delivers so few addresses to the public, that one must question whether it is truly him.

That was one of the more retarded things I've read in a while.

Wait, I kinda get it now. It's still pretty stupid.

Scuba Steve said:

Since you obviously didn't get the joke I'll Break it down for you.

I didn't get the joke because I didn't read the article. I only read about 2 lines of it. That's all I needed to read.

Look dude, you can't just put a little sarcasm and silliness on a text document and call it humor. There's more to it than that.

Well I thought it was pretty good. Nothing innacurate in what was mentioned, however, seeing Bush described in terms normally used for Sadam etc was amusing, and thought provoking to a certain extent.

Ben Kenobi said:

Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

AndrewB said:

Look dude, you can't just put a little sarcasm and silliness on a text document and call it humor. There's more to it than that.

Yes you can. I can post an image of a marine having sex with an imp right now and call it humor. That's the beauty and problem with humor. There's no definition of what humor is and what makes things funny. It isn't cross cultural (Americans wouldn't particularly find japansese jokes funny and vice versa), it can be inclusive (a family joke), It could even be funny because it's NOT funny. Just because you don't find it funny, doesn't mean others don't. What you find hilarious might be dry and humorless to others.

This post can be considered funny because I am having to break down humor in a Joke related thread.