Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rich

Hell2Pay, Map 4 UV Max

This is a legacy 1.40 UV Max demo of Map 4 - time 7:11.

The megawad I used is htp-Ltd.wad from the hell2pay zip.

*** For the "Limited Edition" (demo version) of the Doom 2 megawad "Hell2Pay" by Wraith Corporation ***

File required: Hell2Pay.wad (the demo version) OR simply use the htp-Ltd.wad from the hell2pay.zip as I did.

Example: legacy -file htp-Ltd.wad -playdemo hy040711
OR (after running INSTALL)
Example: legacy -file hell2pay.wad -playdemo hy040711

Download link: http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/do...ll2pay.zip.html

hy040711.zip

Searcher said:

Great Job Rich on all these runs for this series. There sure a few strange monsters in there.

Thanks Gene. :)

I don't care for the monsters so I use a sprites.wad. That way all monsters look normal.

Hey Rich,

Killer demos man, but I was just wondering... where did you get the sprites.wad to have the normal monsters back? I'm not too fond of Hell 2 Pays new enemies either... I think they'd look much better in their regular form..

Thanks man,
Richie

ragnew said:

Hey Rich,

Killer demos man, but I was just wondering... where did you get the sprites.wad to have the normal monsters back? I'm not too fond of Hell 2 Pays new enemies either... I think they'd look much better in their regular form..

Thanks man,
Richie

I created the sprites.wad.

There are two ways that I know of doing this.

1) Use Wintex to remove all the sprites from htp-ltd.wad - maybe risky but it worked for me.
2) Grazza mentioned this second method to me and I agree it is safer:
Take a pwad and remove the map from it and then run deusf -app on the wad.

Here is a step-by-step of what I did:
1) Rather than use an existing pwad, with other stuff in it, I used an editor to create a new pwad with one sector and called it sprites.wad. I put this pwad in my doom2 directory.

2) I then brought up the Wintex utility and loaded sprites.wad to edit. That's where I removed the (single) "MAP01" entry, saved it, and then exited.

3) I then ran the deusf utility in my doom2 directory using the command string:
deusf -app sprites.wad
This added all the sprites and flats from doom2 and my sprites.wad was now a little over 4MB in size.

To use the wad you type:
doom2 -file htp-ltd.wad sprites.wad -playdemo hy-anylmp
OR (in my case)
legacy -file htp-ltd.wad sprites.wad -playdemo hy-anylmp
OR (to simply play or record a level with normal monsters)
legacy -file htp-ltd.wad sprites.wad -skill 4 -warp 13 -record hy13

Hope this helps.

Ha, I also exported doom2 sprites to a pwad and then merged it into hell2pay.wad. For some odd reason, all sprites are normal except rocket launcher, plasma gun and BFG but this isn't much of a problem cause the 'weapon in my hands' sprites are all normal.

Don't know what happened there. My BFG, plazma gun and RL look normal.

I know at times I pick up textures and, perhaps, sprites from other wads while in the Deep editor if I don't close all the other files before I open another pwad. Also, I didn't use it but I believe the hell2pay procedure modifies the doom2.wad and it needs to be reset.

I'm sure your aware of this stuff but I can't think of anything else except the default wad for deusf is doom.wad if it's also in your doom2 directory. Even if it is that would just cause some of the modified monsters sprites to stay as they are but those weapons would be the originals.

Rich said:

Also, I didn't use it but I believe the hell2pay procedure modifies the doom2.wad and it needs to be reset.

No, it leaves it intact. It seems that the "full install" option makes a copy of the iwad and modifies that.

The "fast install" (the one that is recommended) seems to be the same as "deusf -app" - it gives the same file-size.

BTW, I quite like the new sprites. The only thing that strikes me as odd about them is that the liquid metal monsters have red blood.