Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scabbed Angel

Honest add campaigns

Recommended Posts

Do you ever watch tv and have a sudden urge to retch when the commercials come on and you are subjected to euphemistic bullshit add campaigns that color up the purpose of a product? Well perhaps its just seeing Mcdonald's food. Lol. Why can't companies just market honesty? There's respect in it. Everyone knows Mcdonald's is crap. "We're lovin' it". or "Did somebody say 'Mcdonald's'" for example.

"Honey, I'm out of Depends"
"Did somebody say Mcdonald's?"

In any case, speaking of Depends, instead of:
"Depends, because you've got a lot of living to do."
(How charmingly euphemistic)
How about
"Depends, because you've got a lot of crapping in your pants to do."
or perhaps:
"Depends, because life is shitty sometimes."

Man, that'd be awesome. Anyone else have any honest ad campaign ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Scabbed Angel said:

Do you ever watch tv and have a sudden urge to retch when the commercials come on and you are subjected to euphemistic bullshit add campaigns that color up the purpose of a product? Well perhaps its just seeing Mcdonald's food. Lol. Why can't companies just market honesty? There's respect in it. Everyone knows Mcdonald's is crap. "We're lovin' it". or "Did somebody say 'Mcdonald's'" for example.

"Honey, I'm out of Depends"
"Did somebody say Mcdonald's?"

In any case, speaking of Depends, instead of:
"Depends, because you've got a lot of living to do."
(How charmingly euphemistic)
How about
"Depends, because you've got a lot of crapping in your pants to do."
or perhaps:
"Depends, because life is shitty sometimes."

Man, that'd be awesome. Anyone else have any honest ad campaign ideas?



Are you sure you're ok?

Share this post


Link to post

Doom Fanatic expressed consideration towards Scabbed Angel's physical and/or mental well being

Extremely bored and sleep deprived, but yes more or less. ; P

Share this post


Link to post

If you're bored, go to sleep. It seems like you would have enough time for it. :)

Share this post


Link to post

"KY - No longer just for homosexuals."
"KY - Now 100% legal for heteros AND homos!"
"Zap-a-Gap and Zip-Kicker - Chemical burns for less than $10!"
"Magic: the Gathering - My God! The addiction!"
"All-Bran - Garbage in, garbage out."
"Wendy's - Now with only one loogie per burger!"
"Wal-Mart - Employing the mentaly chalanged in mass numbers for minimal pay!"
"Wal-Mart - All the good stuff is banned!"
"Wal-Mart - The secret branch of the Illuminati!"
"Wal-Mart - You just know we're up to something!"
"Oxy-Clean - WE CAN'T SELL IT WITHOUT SHOUTING IT!!!!"
"Hot Topic - All non-posers get one free evil look per visit!"

I could go on but I'll stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Ichor said:

The almighty mute button solves all of my TV commercial problems.

Or you could do like me, and not even watch TV. I swear I haven't seen more than 72 hours of TV in the last month or so, just because I don't like watching TV, and that's because it bores me to death. Plus why watch TV when I have my lovely computer to keep me company?

Share this post


Link to post
DooMBoy said:

Or you could do like me, and not even watch TV. I swear I haven't seen more than 72 hours of TV in the last month ...

Two and a half hours per day, every day for a month still seems a lot of TV for someone who doesn't watch TV :P

Share this post


Link to post
Ichor said:

The almighty mute button solves all of my TV commercial problems.

Do what I do: don't watch TV. =)

Share this post


Link to post

I wish my radio came with a mute button. Well, then again, it'd be nice if my radio had a remote control to effectively use a mute button. Either way, I'm absolutely freakin' sick of commercials, whether on TV or radio. Especially the sexist ones.

"Momma's got the magic of Clorax." (What, daddy can't be bothered?)

Then there's that one with the mom who's sick and so the dad's dressing the kids, but it's really cold outside, and he doesn't even notice that they're not dressed appropriately (like summer clothes), and the message of the commercial is "Who's gonna take care of the house when you're sick?" implying that a husband can't possibly do house work and that it's the wife's job, and so she needs the medicine they're selling so she can get in the kitchen and make her husband a sandwich or something.

It's these kinds of commercials that really piss me off, and the fact that apparently the vast majority of the population isn't offended by them, because they're still on. I am sick and tired of our society and it's treatment of gender. "If you're a man, you act like this, but if you're a woman, you act like that." It's crap, man, absolute crap. Goddamn Christian Right, I'm sure they're behind it, and they can burn in Hell for it, too.

Share this post


Link to post

/me takes another look at the title of this thread.

What, no equal representation for honest subraction campaigns?

Share this post


Link to post
geekmarine said:

I wish my radio came with a mute button. Well, then again, it'd be nice if my radio had a remote control to effectively use a mute button. Either way, I'm absolutely freakin' sick of commercials, whether on TV or radio. Especially the sexist ones.

"Momma's got the magic of Clorax." (What, daddy can't be bothered?)

Then there's that one with the mom who's sick and so the dad's dressing the kids, but it's really cold outside, and he doesn't even notice that they're not dressed appropriately (like summer clothes), and the message of the commercial is "Who's gonna take care of the house when you're sick?" implying that a husband can't possibly do house work and that it's the wife's job, and so she needs the medicine they're selling so she can get in the kitchen and make her husband a sandwich or something.

It's these kinds of commercials that really piss me off, and the fact that apparently the vast majority of the population isn't offended by them, because they're still on. I am sick and tired of our society and it's treatment of gender. "If you're a man, you act like this, but if you're a woman, you act like that." It's crap, man, absolute crap. Goddamn Christian Right, I'm sure they're behind it, and they can burn in Hell for it, too.

Yeah, I really hate all the stereotyping that goes on in advertisemnts. I'd say that about 90% of advertisements use stereotypes. Whenever there is one person using the "right" product and another using the rival product (or nothing at all), there is always this order to who the one using the "right" product is:

black person trumps the white person
woman trumps the man
svelt guy trumps the fat guy
guy with hair trumps the bald guy
middle age guy trumps the young guy
young guy trumps the old guy
brunette trumps the blond
beautiful person trumps the ugly person

I'ts kind of bizzare how this is always the case. The only exception is when they use celebrities (say when Carrot Top teaches the hot women to dial down the center). Whenever they show a husband and wife, the husband is some fat, usualy balding slob who sits around and does nothing and the wife is some fit, attractive woman who takes care of everything. Makes you wonder how that relationship ever started. :P

Ads are stupid, more often than not they discourage me from buying their product. Seriously: I'm most likely to buy the product with less ad campaigns.

Share this post


Link to post
Nanami said:

/me takes another look at the title of this thread.

What, no equal representation for honest subraction campaigns?

Nah, that could get a little negative.

the_Danarchist said:

. . . Whenever they show a husband and wife, the husband is some fat, usualy balding slob who sits around and does nothing and the wife is some fit, attractive woman who takes care of everything. Makes you wonder how that relationship ever started. :P

The hope meter for male doomworld members experiences a significant rise today . . .

Share this post


Link to post

I hate when they show a product on the commercial like it's god's gift to (for example) noodle cooking. Then they show (in black and white) ugly people cooking pasta the old fashioned way, throwing noodles in the general derection of the pot and drooling on themselves like it's the hardest thing ever. Next we see the incredibly attractive woman in the desireable kitchen using the PastaPro2000 and kicking ass.

Bullshit! Even a small child can see past this form of advertising. Why can't they just advertise these days without slandering whatever was around when they created the new product? It pisses me off that they think we're that stupid(and that some of us are).

Share this post


Link to post

[snl]Oops I Crapped My Pants[/snl]

Share this post


Link to post

Do internet 'adverts' count? i just visited The Meatrix. Freaky stuff. Puts me off supermarket meat more than just a bit.

Share this post


Link to post

I hate Kidz Bop ads. They are the most annoying things ever. If you haven't seen one, it usually involves a bunch of prebudescent kids, living in $1000000 suburban homes, singing year old songs that, even when they were popular, sucked and always will suck, trying to get stupid little rich kids to beg thier parents to get something which is falsley advertised as "cool" and "chic" so they can be every single cool stereotype of "cool" from "goth" to "diva" while listening to Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake songs sung by 10 year olds who don't even get what they are singing and everything is edited so the kids minds aren't corrupted and you see 5 year olds walking around with chains and dyed hair and earings and baggy black pants, while listening to some crappy pop music that sucks to begin with, sucks cause it's old suck cause is edited and sucks cause it's sung by 10 year olds.

Share this post


Link to post

Wal-Mart
Caution: mullet breeding ground!

Wal-mart/K-mart, just rednecks, mullets and NASCAR.

Marth stewarts prison collection

Compressed air: it blows (yea that one is real)

Share this post


Link to post
Spike said:

Do internet 'adverts' count? i just visited The Meatrix. Freaky stuff. Puts me off supermarket meat more than just a bit.

Hmm...scary. Though I dont really care about the cruelty part. Animals were made for eating. :P

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×