Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Naked Snake

Features

You know what features I wanna see in D3? Well no you don't. I want to see freelook, zoom, jumping and crouching and using a shotguns butt (I know all of you are gonna say "you said butt") as an attack when you run out of shells (if there is a shotgun).

I'm pretty sure Id will get the shotgun in there BBG, and using the butt end as a result of ammo loss is a good idea...

as for what I think, if they decide to use the fists again they should make the marine use punching combos (not big boxing combos, just a normal 3 punch combo is fine) instead of repeated punching in the same area...I mean c'mon he is a marine don't you think he would have some formal hand-to-hand combat experience?

You know what features I wanna see in D3? Well no you don't. I want to see freelook, zoom, jumping and crouching and using a shotguns butt (I know all of you are gonna say "you said butt") as an attack when you run out of shells (if there is a shotgun).

why dont you play quake3 instead of doom? jumping, crouching, mouselook..etc all of these are quakish, it contains absoultely no doomish feel. I feel sorry for most of the people are losing the sense of dooming. The oldschool doom gameplay concentrate on your movement which includes: straferunning, strafe 50, silent bfg, wallrun...guarding weapons/camping on respawn spots or camping :) with plasma rifle on map1.

remember:

DOOM ISNT ABOUT ENGINE, ITS ABOUT THE FEELING!
by andy johnsen :)

but i kinda like doomer4life's idea to having a fist-to-fist competition

god you guys are lame, your all forgetting that ID made quake quake2 quake3 after doom2 and before doom3 witch DID include all those features
so its 100% sure that THEY WILL BE IN THE GAME.

and good news! doom will use BSP :) !!

god you guys are lame, your all forgetting that ID made quake quake2 quake3 after doom2 and before doom3 witch DID include all those features
so its 100% sure that THEY WILL BE IN THE GAME.

and good news! doom will use BSP :) !!

that doesnt mean it would include any quakish features fool, think about it dude

Mouselook\freelook is NOT a quakeish feature. Its and absolute neccecary part of any modern FPS. If they throw that out... they're stoopid. zooming, sure, with some weapons.

btw, Use button. It'd be cool if you took your weapon in your left hand, then you'd see the right hand reach out and push the button\pull the lever or whatever. :)

Mouselook\freelook is NOT a quakeish feature. Its and absolute neccecary part of any modern FPS.

Absolutely right!

I can´t believe that some people still have those (excuse me) stupid ideas about primitive gameplay with handicaped movement... How should for example complex architecture with floor over floor work, when you can´t look up and down?!

I aint gonna pay cash for a spruced up DOOM. I need new features. If it was just DOOM with better graphics people would be fuck that. DOOM is cool cause it introduced new features. It was revolutionary. I want the new DOOM to be revolutionary features and graphics wise.

Mouselook/freelook might not be quite quakish features at all. I suppose UNreal, halflife, and including quake and other killer games provide freelooking feature and jumping. Anyway, what i feel about mouselook is freaking annoying in the regular, original doom. Especially the newbies in csdoom and zdaemon who whine about BFG and using mouselook all the time. As the matter of fact, some of the Doom/Doom2 maps are designed for deathmatch. For example, doom2 map01 is a very good selection for either FFA or 1 on 1 map. Its with the tiny hallways allow you to shoot straight to guard spots, using doom-only feature wallrun to escape while your playing 1 on 1, and ESPECIALLY the perfect, speedest strafe 50 movement bring out the most intense, deepest doom sense of how you really doom at deathmatches. Jumping - its not really useful for doom2map01, except to help you get the plasma rifle JUST A LITTLE QUICKER than you need to lean on the switch of lift and going back and forth to bump into get the plasma. Also I worry about Doom}|{ is going to be so completely different from the original doom like bahdko does. Im absolutely with her opinions and her worries.

Doom3 kinda scares me...

Im still hoping Doom3 is going to be in oldschool style to give and show people what The real sense of Doom is. If doom3 is going to add mouselook/jumping, then why wouldnt idsoftware make Quake4 straightly or some other games that will have jumping/freelook features included with.

Im still hoping Doom3 is going to be in oldschool style to give and show people what The real sense of Doom is. If doom3 is going to add mouselook/jumping, then why wouldnt idsoftware make Quake4 straightly or some other games that will have jumping/freelook features included with.

That's lame. Seriously.

IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY BECAUS THOSE "FEATURES" WILL BE IN THE GAME THEN GO FUCK YOUR COPY OF DOOM1

and i think (hope) EVERYONE agrees that mouselook and all are required to make a 3d fps PLAYABLE!

ARGGG YOU MAKE ME NUTS

(Update)

Just think about it..

5.1 Surround sound
Kickass graphics
250k poly models
Realtime shadows/lighting
No mouselook!! WTF!!!!
No jumping!!! arggg.. (falls in lava again!)
No crouching!! Arggg rockets!!

you guys are so quakelovers

Embrace evolution. Or learn to play modern FPSs. Whatever comes first.

Fuck evolution (I still play door games on BBSes). AND fuck modern FPS (they all suck compared to DooM). BUT, what's wrong with mouselook and jumping?

Uhhuhuhhuh, hehhuh, you said "butt", uhuuhh.

Why did that word catch your eye? Cause I said you were gonna say that? Or for some other reason?

Oh and for the people out there saying they want DOOM 3 to be like the old Doom games listen to this. Play Wolf 3d. Then Doom. Then Duke Nukem 3d. Then Blood 1 and then Quake II. Evolution. These games added new features. Some options went into future FPS games. Without game evolution FPS games would still be like Wolf 3d.

Fuck evolution (I still play door games on BBSes). AND fuck modern FPS (they all suck compared to DooM). BUT, what's wrong with mouselook and jumping?

jumping: its ok sometimes, but on doom2map01 playing in oldschool style is really fun and strategical.

mouselook: only good for rockets, which is very annoying...mouselook isnt too good for anything except rocket, and shooting BFG with mouselooking is even gayer.

Yes, perhaps I agree Doom3 should be added new features, but i disagree mouselook should be included. Anyway, if so many people have different of opinions, how about this - Doom3 would behave like zdoom. It is optional to use jumping/mouselook/new features. For Internet gameplaying server in doom3 in the future, there will be 2 settings of gameplay at least, Oldschool or quakish style.

I want to clearify one point again. Perhaps you'd notice the most obvious new/fun feature you guys play is with mouselook and jumping. These features come from quake,unreal, halflife...but dont forget, when idsoftware first released Doom, it also has its own features and characteristic in the gameplay, which would be strafe50, common straferunning, silent bfg, grunting on wall... I just wonder do you guys really realize what these movements and tactics are? cuz definitely i want these features included in Doom3

But like I said without new features then Doom III will not attract a new crowd. People want to be comfortable with the features. If they have used jumping and crouching and all that stuff in another game then hear about this game and it does not have these features then they will think the company is afraid of change or something.

But like I said without new features then Doom III will not attract a new crowd. People want to be comfortable with the features. If they have used jumping and crouching and all that stuff in another game then hear about this game and it does not have these features then they will think the company is afraid of change or something.

Its not that the company is afraid of change, the main point is depends on if the game would have changes of gameplay. If id is really gonna include jumping/mouselooking/crouching features, they would change the atmosphere of doom and the origninal doom feeling people used to feel will be gone.

If id want to promote doom3 in a brand new way with new features to attract more people to this, they should come up with some other new features than mouselook/crouch/jump. Silent BFG, strafe50, straferunning, wallrunning, grunting on wall... these are the great features that id have invented.

bigd, think about it. if doom3 is gonna have the same features as quake3 does, it wouldnt be that much of attractive in a brand new way. Right?

Oh, believe me. DooM 3 doesn't feel like old DooM. AT ALL.

Carmack himself said this on QuakeCon. They're aiming for a slower-paced, more rational plot.

You might hate it, but I absolutely adore it. I've been waiting for a hellspawn's invasion game that captures the same essence of inmersitivity that what Deus Ex or Half-Life does.

You might hate it, but I absolutely adore it.

I like it as well. I haven't played any post-1996 games except for Quake2, Hexen2 and Heretic, so I figure I'll be blown away with the slightest bit of storyline interaction.

If id is really gonna include jumping/mouselooking/crouching features, they would change the atmosphere of doom and the origninal doom feeling people used to feel will be gone.

You could not look up and down in doom because 3D engines wasn't really that good. Sure, they made it in heretic and duke3d just a bit later, but it looked lame. It just doesn't work well with sprites.

If id want to promote doom3 in a brand new way with new features to attract more people to this, they should come up with some other new features than mouselook/crouch/jump. Silent BFG, strafe50, straferunning, wallrunning, grunting on wall... these are the great features that id have invented.

Those are not features, and they were not 'made'. They are bugs in the code, that for some reason wasn't removed. Except for the grunting on the wall part of course, wich is nice.

bigd, think about it. if doom3 is gonna have the same features as quake3 does, it wouldnt be that much of attractive in a brand new way. Right?

I withdraw my permission for you to add me on ICQ. Not that you have been able to do it during the two weeks since you got it.

i think that the features such as jump/crouch/ free look might not be too bad in the single player part of the game...but i think its gonna blow ass for multiplayer...its gonna be the same kinda idiots playing it as there is in the quakes...a map full of morons running jumping and shooting rockets in random directions with no strategy

Here's an idea.... the likelyhood of this being included in just about any game are nil (read: none!), but... I'm going to tell anyway. In the start of most classic DOOM games, all the people, marines, scientists and what have you are slaughtered. But why clean it up, when you could be the one making the gory mess? Creature code! Have a mode (even a -short- level, I don't -care-) where you could play as one of the demons and stalk the humans ^_^, possibly even having a selection of a few nasty critters to be, their in-game attacks available to you. Maybe as a special feature or something (if you beat the game on hardest mode, maybe?).... and have the other demons creeping around too. Hmm.... multiplayer idea ^_-..... *goes back to her corner and mumbles about how cool that could be....*

You all might as well stop talking or even thinking about whether or not mouse-look or jumping will be or should be in doom3. Theres just no sense in it because guess what: these features are pretty much guaranteed.

Like said before, all moderen fps have them, and im pretty sure doom3 will be considered "modern," so its gonna have them. Theres realy no reason for it not too. id wants to make doom3 a very real feeling game in sense of atmosphere remember.... How can you do that if you cant make the regular movements of a real person....

CooLWoLF