Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadow Wolf

Diablo 3

i've heard something about a diablo 3 its basically diablo 2 with more features and a third person view have you guys heard of it?

No, and it's not true. Blizzard's next games are World of Warcraft (mmorpg) and Starcraft: Ghost (fps).

Rumors.

I sincerely hope Tyrael will be one of the main bad guys.

And yes Mordeth, if Blizzard is going to make a new Diablo series installment it is NOT going to be tomorrow.

If they are ever gonna make a Diablo 3, they better put a little work into the combat this time around (combat in Diablo 2 was kinda dull compared to Diablo 1 imo) and not litter the areas with nearly as many items. Items need to be a little more rare to make 'em seem more valuable.
Oh and scrap useless items like "low quality/cracked/damaged" items - they were totally pointless and only added to the annoyance factor.

I doubt they're working on it now, but it might be in their plans somewhere. Since Blizzard has been hit by the "milk franchise" phenomenon (WoW is like the FOURTH Warcraft game, not counting expansions and stuff - when are they gonna end that franchise?), I think it's safe to say that they're gonna make a third Diablo game sometime.

And I'm pretty sure it's gonna be even cheesier than Diablo 2.

Some have observed that it seems to be some kind of Warcraft/Everquest ripoff war.

The producers of Everquest find out that Warcraft 3 is a highly successful online game and decides to make Lords of Everquest. A game that uses the Everquest world and mythology while gameplay-wise being a carbon copy of Warcraft 3.

Blizzard retaliates by making World of Warcraft. A game that uses the Warcraft mythology whike gameplay-wise being a carbon copy of Everquest.

The artistic credibility of both companies mewls in pain.

Remember that good things can come from ripoffs. Blizzard ripped off Games Workshop's Warhammer 40000 setting big time when creating the new classic Starcraft. Instead of getting mad Games Workshop decided to rip off Starcraft when redesigning the Warhammer 40000 miniature range at the event of the v.3 rules.
Both rip off H.R. Giger big time along with everyone else, but I think the world would be a less colourful place if people weren't allowed to do that.

Little Faith said:

The producers of Everquest find out that Warcraft 3 is a highly successful online game and decides to make Lords of Everquest. A game that uses the Everquest world and mythology while gameplay-wise being a carbon copy of Warcraft 3.

Blizzard retaliates by making World of Warcraft. A game that uses the Warcraft mythology whike gameplay-wise being a carbon copy of Everquest.

Your theory would require the involvement of a time machine, because Blizzard began working on World of Warcraft something like two years before Lords of Everquest was even a twinkle in it's developer's eye.

Little Faith said:

I sincerely hope Tyrael will be one of the main bad guys.

What? Why? Tyrael is a badass. I always thought he was cool as hell. Or at least he looks kind of scary, for an angel...with just a black void for a face.

There has to be a Diablo 3. It ended with a cliffhanger. Without the Worldstone, Sanctuary is open to new perils.

Shadow Wolf said:

i've heard something about a diablo 3 its basically diablo 2 with more features and a third person view have you guys heard of it?

Diablo 1 and 2 were both third person (isometric view). And you're thinking of D2 Lord of Destruction.

Tyrael was so much of a badass that he got himself "caught by Baal" in Tal Rasha's imprisonment chamber.

And then he destroys the worldstone that helps guard the realm of sanctuary from the Sin War.

And how is it that when you enter the portal that leads to hell at the bottom of the Durance of Hate, you actually end up in the Pandemonium Fortress of heaven?

It all points to an unescapable conclusion: Tyrael either is evil, or he isn't Tyrael.

My conclusion is that he IS Baal. Baal at one point pretends to be Tyrael in the cinematics. Who is to say that he isn't during the rest of the game as well?

The Baal you kill at the end of Lord of Destruction? Belial.

It's all very neat and tidy. You kill all of the Lesser Evils and all but one of the Prime Evils ("My brothers deaths shall not be in vain"): Andariel you kill in Act 1. Duriel you kill in Act 2. That leaves Azmodean (Lord of Sin) and Belial (Lord of Lies). I believe that Izual is bound to Azmodean and that you kill him early on in Act 4, and Belial and Baal are working together in Act 5. The Baal you kill is Belial, Baal comes in as Tyrael after you're done with Belial, sends you off and destroys the Worldstone anyway. And even the townsfolk of Harrogath are surprised that Tyrael would want the worldstone destroyed.

It. All. Makes. Sense.

Hehe, thats what I was thinking; Azmodean and Belial, you hear aboot them and the sir war but never run into them and such. Also Tyreal was left in the cursed worldstone chamber, it never said or showed that he actually 'died'. :D

Mordeth said:

No, and it's not true.

What are you talking about? I knew a guy who was going to sell me it, along with Doom3 and Quake 4!

Little Faith: Don't forget Heinlein as well.

Arioch: Heh...wow. That actualy does make perfect sense.

And I agree, Diablo 2 was a lot better. I am now without that game once again, and playing Diablo 1 just doesnt cut it. So boring... And now that 1.10 is out, I doubly miss it.

Mordeth said:

No, and it's not true. Blizzard's next games are World of Warcraft (mmorpg) and Starcraft: Ghost (fps).

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Starcraft:Ghost is gonna be a third person shooter not a fps

Manga Girl Marchelle said:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Starcraft:Ghost is gonna be a third person shooter not a fps

What's the difference, really?

Ichor said:

It's like comparing Heretic to Heretic 2.

When I looked at a box or cd of Heretic 2, it looks totaly different than Heretic or a fps, I was like "Holy Tollitoes Batman!" :D

Blizzard North, the guys who made the Diablo games, are working on some new project. No word at all about what kind of game it is, let alone what franchise. They're gonna announce it at E3 next year.

This is a different team and a different project completely than SC:Ghost and WoW, before anyone asks.

the_Danarchist said:

And I agree, Diablo 2 was a lot better. I am now without that game once again, and playing Diablo 1 just doesnt cut it. So boring... And now that 1.10 is out, I doubly miss it.

To each his own I guess.

I fell in love with Diablo 1 back in the day, because of its atmosphere, cool music (with the exception of the annoying-to-extreme cave music) and first and foremost: the combat feel.

When I first tried out Diablo, I had been used to Warcraft's patented "just-stand-there-and-trade-blows-without-flinching-when-hit" combat, so when I saw that in Diablo, the warrior would actually block attacks with his shield and flinch when hit, it gave the game a powerful sense of realism to it that was just so much more satisfying to me.
In Diablo 2, the combat was like a step back - I liked the specialized skills and the hero characters and way skills and all that crap functioned far better than Diablo 1's, but I was severely disappointed with the combat - the sounds weren't nearly as beefy and satisfying and the shield block animation looks like shit compared to Diablo 1's, despite having more animation frames.

Also, I found that it got boring pretty fast how you could literally wade trough hordes of monsters in Diablo 2 most of the time, while in Diablo 1, there was always a sense of having to be careful.
Boredom would evolve to frustration in Diablo 2, when after wading through hordes of enemies, you'd suddenly stumble across one of those overused electrified demon minibosses and before you knew it, you were dead.

Furthermore, the music wasn't quite my taste and the storyline ended up feeling far more cheesy than Diablo 1's.

In Diablo 1 the villain felt much more like a beastly overlord from Hell which was good for overall atmosphere - in Diablo 2 all three prime evils struck me as seeming more like cheesy, mad wizards in morphed bodies.

And most bothersome of all: Diablo 2 didn't have some decent manner of savegames like Diablo 1 - being forced to find these "checkpoints" in order to not having to slay your way through the same tiresome army of demons next time you loaded up the game was seriously annoying - why couldn't they have implemented some autosave function each time you entered a new area instead of having to go searching for that damn teleporter checkpoint?

Shadow Wolf said:

IIRC, Diablo and DiabloII are already in the third-person view.

EDIT: dsm, you said it... Plus, the DiabloII online community sucks tremendously. At least it did before the 1.10 patch. I don't know how it is now.
-Funk Factor-

Yeah, I loved both Diablo and Diablo II, I liked the Diablo II online because it was better for me. But Diablo had much better atmosphere, I was scared to goto the Butcher back when I first got it, it just had such great work.

Job said:

Plus, the DiabloII online community sucks tremendously. At least it did before the 1.10 patch. I don't know how it is now.
-Funk Factor-

What community?

The Diablo II online community sucked after patch 1.07. Before that, it was quite addicting. Some disagree, but I maintain that the pre-expansion pack attempted to balance the game, but ended up making it 5 times as imbalanced as it was before.

Yeah, the Diablo 2 community sucks ass. I just play with someone like Lutarez or I go solo. I always play on Battle.Net though, just in case I change my mind.

Playing with the wrong people, I say.

As far as gaming "communities" go, you can't find better anyway.