Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EarthQuake

Doom Guy's Rabbit?

I don't have the manuals anymore and I'm not sure if Doom mentioned anything about the name of Doomguy's Rabbit.
What was it? Something is telling me it was named "Virgil", but I could be wrong.

Anywho, does anyone know the story over that rabbit? And why was its head impaled on a stick? O_o

The name is Daisy, and the demons impaled it to get back at Doomguy (or so we can assume).

In episode 4 it says "Besides, someone was going to pay for what happened to Daisy, your pet rabbit."

Which of course was just a throw away comment added on because episode 4 had been added on. The original game finished with the bunny scroller going from the peacful scene of tranquility with the cute little rabbit and twittering birds across to the impaled rabbit and burning city to show that some hell spawn had indeed "come through that door with you".

But, umm yeah, the rabbit's name is daisy - or at least became daisy when Episode 4 was added.

Just a quick question. That cut scene was always there, foreshadowing a sequel, right? Sorry, I know it's kinda hard to imagine a time BEFORE Doom 2, but I'm just trying to figure it out, since I hadn't even heard of Doom at the time.

geekmarine said:
Just a quick question. That cut scene was always there, foreshadowing a sequel, right?

Yes.

i think it was something Id did for shits and giggles. anyways it was named daisy in episode 4.

i hate rabbits, so i laught at it, only good rabbit is an eaten rabbit

Yes, rabbits are such hatable creatures, what with those cute pink noses and the fact that they don't really make any noise. Plus they're small and fluffy and harmless.

Sephiroth said:

i hate rabbits, so i laught at it, only good rabbit is an eaten rabbit

:<

Nanami said:

Plus they're small and fluffy and harmless.

And they breed like, well, like rabbits, quickly take over an area, crop the ground vegetation right down and displace any creatures filling a similar ecological niche. Give 'em all myxomatosis. :-P

Plus they're small and fluffy and harmless.

Bull fucking shit!!! Let me tell you about the time I was attacked by the Albino Rabbit of Death, a creature so vile, that it can turn you into stone with a single gaze! (Luckily it didn't look at me!) It was a long time ago . . . I was approaching the rabbit, to feed it a plum I found on the ground. I reached out . . . and it bit my pinkie!!! I tried to get it off but its evil jaws of death would not let go, to the point where it was standing on its hind legs to stay attached to the finger raised high above my head in a futile attempt to free myself. Finally, it let go, like it was all some sick game it was playing for fun. I tried to retaliate but the blood gushing out of my finger begged to differ. I barely made it back to my house before I passed out . . . and now you know. Fear the rabbit, and respect it, for you never know when it may strike!

Nanami said:

Yes, rabbits are such hatable creatures, what with those cute pink noses and the fact that they don't really make any noise. Plus they're small and fluffy and harmless.

Clearly you've never seen Monty Python: The search for the Holy Grail.

One time at band camp (hehe).. no actually I was mowing the lots at our campsite and i squished a whole nest of baby rabbits with a two-ton riding mower!!@3# :D

EarthQuake said:

Something is telling me it was named "Virgil", but I could be wrong.

Man, I SO know what you're talking about!

Where did that idea come from?! I know the name of the rabbit is Daisy, but I just KNEW you were right when I first read your post.