Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Liam

Hexen again...

Tough call.

Castle of Grief, with the exception of Effluvium, had some of the most dull, blocky and plain architecture, although it was themed well. It was as necessary as any other hub, but it just didn't have the effort the rest of them had put into it.

Castle of Grief holds a special place in my heart, so I'm afraid I'll have to go with Necropolis on this one.

Heh, someone voted shadow wood...

Anyway, I have to agree with AndrewB. I didn't like Necropolis much. A big graveyard with a bunch of rievers and three dull boss levels... woo woo...

Not to mention that Traductus was the only necropolis boss that even put up a fight. I beat Zedek only a few seconds after he became active...

Traductus the cleric? He's easy as hell; just use discs of repulsion on the ghosts. You don't even have to fire a shot, and the fight's over in 15 seconds.

I liked the concepts of the Necropolis though, that's why I put it ahead of Castle of Grief.

Traductus the cleric? He's easy as hell; just use discs of repulsion on the ghosts. You don't even have to fire a shot, and the fight's over in 15 seconds.

Whoa, I never thought of that. I don't use discs much as a mage or cleric, and I use almost none as a fighter.

I liked the concepts of the Necropolis though, that's why I put it ahead of Castle of Grief.

What concepts? Explain please...

What concepts? Explain please...

The idea of it. It was a cool finale hub, even if the bosses had a realistic amount of HP. The puzzles were better and the scenery had some of the most mood to it besides the Shadow Wood hub. Things like the slowing crushing ceiling in Zedek's tomb, the descent to the clerics tomb, the hidden switch to get there, the relics, all that good stuff. Castle of Grief was a cool hub, but it was the most generic "let's make a medieval castle" thing. It didn't have the same feel of the rest of the hubs. Seemed more like it was taken out of a medieval picture book.