Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ultraviolet

Physical Fitness Poll - Push-ups

How many can you do before reaching state of fatigue that inhibits further exercise?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How many can you do before reaching state of fatigue that inhibits further exercise?

• 0 to 20
    • 20 to 40
    • 40 to 60
    • 60 to 80
    • 80 to 100
    • 100 to 120
    • 120 to 140
    • 140 to 160
    • 160 to 180
    • 180 or more

This goes with the sit-ups thread. Same thing, different poll. Since upper and middle body strength tend to vary, I thought it was important to have seperate polls, not judging overall fitness by either (or even both, there's still a lot of stuff like cardiovascular fitness and such that I have no idea how to poll for).

I usually do about 25 push-ups before fatigue catches up with me.

OK, two of these polls is enough. Anyone trying to jump on the bandwagon will get tossed off it.

I can do aboot 30 push-ups a minute, which is actually quite sad for me. I start struggling at 6. :P
I am out of shape like playdoh warped from the sun. :D

I used to go at about 30 per day. Now I'm fat and stuff, though I could possibly do as many as 20.

My upper body strength pales in comparison to my abdominal abilities. My meagre arms and chest can provide no more than 30 push-ups at the minute.

About 60 half push-ups (arms bent 90ยบ at the elbow).
About 20 standard push-ups (palms tucked in beside chest, elbows facing upward, chest abt 1 inch above ground).
About 12 diamond push-ups (standard push-ups, with both thumbs and index fingers forming a diamond shape).

Not too bad for a 15-year-old. ;)

I can do 100 push-ups in one hour! I drive a Dodge Stratus! I am a division manager! I have twenty people under me!

Actually I never timed how many push-ups I can do in any certain amount of time. But in probably under two minutes I can do 15 normal+15 wide+15 triangle/diamond. I drive a Shadow and at the moment I'm unemployeed.

Zoorado said:

About 60 half push-ups (arms bent 90ยบ at the elbow).
About 20 standard push-ups (palms tucked in beside chest, elbows facing upward, chest abt 1 inch above ground).
About 12 diamond push-ups (standard push-ups, with both thumbs and index fingers forming a diamond shape).

Not too bad for a 15-year-old. ;)

Haha man, we did those all the time in my gym class, I can do the normal ones and the ones with the arms in at the sides but the one I can't do is the ones where you put your hands where your head would land and make like a dimond or triangle shape and you have to make your nose poke through it and hit the ground. I can barely do one of those, hahaha. :D