• 2) Desert Land
    • 3) Water Land
    • 4) Big Land
    • 5) Cloud Land
    • 6) Ice Land
    • 7) Pipe Land
    • 8) Dark Land
    • 9) Whistle Land

Heh, I thought this was Doom Anomaly's territory? Heh.
Anyway, I haven't played SMB3 in a loooong time, but I'd to have say World 4, Big Land.

Chose world 3, with world 6 my second-favorite. No reason comes to mind in particular, just a feeling.

#7 really hits home for me in terms of atmosphere, but I voted for #5 for its weird creepiness at times (with the wacked out secret in map 1, and the totally unique temple castle).

#2 is my least favorite.

I actually have no idea which is my favourite, I love all of them and have my likes for each in ways. Though Cloud world is one that stands out cause of the boots. :D

That also goes for this megaman 2 speedrun, in case you're interested:

http://batman.jypoly.fi/~c2236/mock.wmv

Pretty much free of mistakes, and the only time he takes a hit is when it will increase his speed (such as being able to run through a trap). There's some interesting shortcuts in there too..

I fucking HATE the pipe-world.

I like the ice and water worlds best, for the ice blocks you can play with and for the usage of the frog suit. "Big Land" is rather fun.

What I hate about the pipe world is that level where you have to get the stars and run over the stupid plants... the height changes all the time so you can't fly. EVER.

Ooh, we need a favorite Mario 3 suit poll.
What have we... the frog suit, the hammer suit (most useful weapon I'd say), the tanuki suit, and... I can't remember any more.

Ultraviolet said:

Ooh, we need a favorite Mario 3 suit poll.

The hammer suit, followed by the shoe from e5m3.

If anyone has a problem with it, you're out of luck.

EDIT: Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind seeing the menu-chosen episode structure return to FPS games. The nostalgia alone would kick it up a notch. <-- not likely, nevermind.

Lord FlatHead said:

Cloud land and ice land are my favorites. But I chose ice land because of the wicked cool tinny music on the map screen.

The music on Ice land's map used to scare the hair off my feet when I was much younger, when it first came out. :D

I love how the dumbass princess always tells you things way after you can do anything about them.

Like how she tells you the whistle thief took it beyond the dunes or whatever and she does it in world 3 or some such instead of at the end of world 1. Totally inappropriate timing, also on that goomba's shoe letter.

I'm on a play-through of the game on the GBA, and I've just hit Dark World's castle, so I'm nearly at the end now. What I don't like about the GBA SMB3 (probably same as in SNES SMB3) is that there used to be hints in the NES version as to where secret blocks were in the underground levels, and they're not shown in all the nifty new graphics.

someone should make a SMB3 TC... imps = goombas, cyberdemons = bowser, invisibility = racoon suits, invulnerability = star, etc. etc. and every time the player dies that goofy mario-death music can play, hehe.

And I'll just reiterate here how much I absolutely hate Nintendo for putting GODAWFUL VOICE TRACKS ON THE SUPER MARIO GAME PORTS TO THE GBA. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE INFINITE LOOP OF HATE

MAMA MIA

And I'll just reiterate here how much I absolutely hate Nintendo for putting GODAWFUL VOICE TRACKS ON THE SUPER MARIO GAME PORTS TO THE GBA. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE INFINITE LOOP OF HATE

MAMA MIA

Hooray for italian steriotypes!