Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadow Wolf

I've heard of a doom version for the Game boy Advance....

Shadow Wolf said about a similar thread:
doesn't this belong in the misc. forum?

Actually, I think this one belongs in the General forum.

*must resist....must resist....temptation...growing....aaaaargh*
*Primes a grenade and throws it at the new people, Sheesh. Doom has come out for the gameboy, we know this, it is good. Also, for the other one, try looking it more stores, doom II came out for the gameboy over 6 months ago.

Shadow Wolf's sig said:

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity

No; people's inability to use the "Search Forums" feature also appears to be limitless.

yes doom and doom II are out.
only a few issues.

1. cant save at any point.
2. censored graphics, green blood and nazi material removed (not really that bad but still kinda dumb)
3 doom 1 was a bit buggy and could have been done better.
4 GBA needs a danm back light! why does nintendo not backlight. they added side lights but hell back lights are like 10x better. add the god damn backlights you dumb asses! god i think our nukes from WW II have rotten some of their brains.

Doom 1 was wierd and had stuff removed and changed and was buggy, Doom 2 was closer to the PC version (closer even, than versions like the playstation one XD), except it still had green blood, and i think the arch-vile was removed, also two of the big levels where split in two. But it does have the Icon of sin level intact, better than the lame "Redemption denied" one XD

deathbringer said:

Doom 1 was wierd and had stuff removed and changed and was buggy, Doom 2 was closer to the PC version (closer even, than versions like the playstation one XD), except it still had green blood, and i think the arch-vile was removed, also two of the big levels where split in two. But it does have the Icon of sin level intact, better than the lame "Redemption denied" one XD

once agian, what is the deal with the "XD"??

I don't think deathbringer does the "XD" on purpose... it's kind of... involuntary for him.

I've PM'd him about it, but he doesn't repond :|

You did? it doesnt say i have any new ones XD

Anyway, its basically something my ex-girlfriend used to do all the time, and now i just do it at the end of most sentences without thinking XD, i need to see a shrink really hehe

i have only one, very important question:

in doomII can you set the shoulder buttons to turn and the d-pad to move/strafe?

in other notes: can anyone remember WHAT made the PS version so bad? i cant remember, simply because it was so bad i tried not to play it. :-) it was embarrasing though, telling people it was the best game ever and then them playing it and it not being that good. "i played for ages and then all my weapons dissapeared? this game is shit" .. heh ,i remember it totally failing to explain there were different episodes, and i still find myself occasionally explainnig that one to old dissafected ps ex doomers.

The PSX version was the best port overall, in my opinion.

The music was completely different - it was super ambient. There were no episodes, but there were both games, Dooms one and II.

It featured new lighting effects, and high resolution. It had system link for multiplayer, which I enjoyed a great deal of hours playing.

I don't see anything that made the PSX port so bad.

If you want a console version to pick on, try the 3DO.

Shadow Wolf said:

has anyone ever tried it?

Yep, and every other console port.
GBA Doom 1 is basically a retread of the old Atari Jaguar Doom game, but adds new Deathmatch-only maps, and vasty better multiplayer support.

GBA Doom II is the most accurate commercial console port of the original PC game. It's not perfect, but at least has more maps and monsters than the Doom II Episode of PlayStation/Saturn Doom.

Don't bother getting either one unless you have a GBA SP, or a modded original GBA.
(You'll want the biult-in lighting; playing GBA Doom(II) without it is like trying to read a book through a brown beer bottle.)

For more general info on both games: ClassicDOOM.com

X D - space = I AM A MORON I AM A MORON

Anyway, Doom and Doom II for GBA aren't very good. I own them both and really don't care for them, though I can easily say that Doom II for GBA is better.

BBG said:

Anyway, Doom and Doom II for GBA aren't very good. I own them both and really don't care for them, though I can easily say that Doom II for GBA is better.

(Oh yeah, I probably should have included something along those lines...)
GBA Doom 1 ain't all that great a conversion, unless you really want hand-held Doom 1, or your friends have it and you want to Deathmatch while away from computers. GBA Doom II is better, but still doesn't match the PC version. But again, if you want Doom II in your pocket, that's a good choice.
If you're just looking for a good console Doom game, I'd suggest PlayStation Doom for the best overall traditional, commercial console port, and Doom 64 (N64) for a nontraditional console port.

X D - space = I AM A MORON I AM A MORON

heh, i know, i just cant be arsed to force myself to stop doing it I AM A MORON I AM A MORON

deathbringer said:

heh, i know, i just cant be arsed to force myself to stop doing it I AM A MORON I AM A MORON

I AM A MORON I AM A MORON

heh

Wadda you know? I must admit, that's an original one. How's that originated?

dr_st said:

Wadda you know? I must admit, that's an original one. How's that originated?

Deathbringer's pathological habit I believe. He swears by I AM A MORON I AM A MORON. He got a custom av out of it too :)

insertwackynamehere said:

Actually, that's a title. And XD is easy to write XD

I was wondering how long it'd take to point that out.