Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cyber-menace

Doom Builder and ZDBSP

I'm having a little trouble. How to I configure ZDBSP in Doom Builder. I tried all sorts of combinations but it always gives me some MASSIVE HOMs. What's wrong

zdbsp.exe -rg %F -o %F

Doom Builder always writes a Doom format MAP01 wad file for nodebuilding (never Hexen format, so use any nodebuilder you like). The %F looks correct (the filename of the wad file to build nodes in) but I dont know zdbsp's parameters (RTFM). Try quotes like: "%F"

if you're building a zdoom only map then just don't build nodes at all since zdoom will build them for you and then use zdbsp for the final build if you absolutly have to

Interesting conecpt. Is Zdoom's internal nodes builder faster than BSP or slower? Because if it's slower I'll just continue the way I was for now.

You need a nodebuilder to get into 3D mode, because the 3D renderer in Doom Builder uses the BSP tree too (its the only efficient way of rendering a doom map).

Have you tried using another ZDoom/Hexen format compatible nodesbuilder, like DeePBSP? I think I'm right in assuming you can use that outside DeePSea, and there are no shareware limits. Damned fast and accurate (very rarely do you get any slime trails) too.

DeepBSP eh? I might give it a try. Just as long as it's faster than BSP, whoa that thing takes awhile with large maps. It took nearly 3 minutes per build when I was working on map 19. I'll give DeepBSP a try.

With the right parameters, ZenNode is way faster than BSP and generates very precise nodes. But ZenNode crashes quickly :(

Good luck with DeepBSP, I tried using it outside DeepSea but no luck. If you can make it work, let us know ;)