Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnatone

Trading Bases

To celebrate the 10th aniversary of one of the greatest games in the world, I'm starting a project for all DOOM level creators.

If you've ever watched BBC or TLC, you know of the shows Changing Rooms and Trading Spaces, where two families have 48 hours (although I've noticed that it's actually only 24) to completely redo one room in each other's homes.

So behold TRADING BASES.

It's a project for DOOM in which two mappers trade levels they've created and are given 48 hours to redo the levels. the original levels will be posted for all to see, and after the 48 hour deadline the two remade levels will be posted with the mappers' comments on what they like and dislike about the modification of their level.

I've almost got the HTML documents complete, I just need to register with a site (I'm thinking FreeWebs, does anyone reccomend any other site for hosting). I'm looking for the first two volunteers, and am thinking of setting a date of 13 December at 12 AM Central Time United States, or whatever works depending on who the volunteers are, where they're located, or even if I get volunteers.

And no, ladies, there is no Ty.

DISCUSS!

Sounds like it might be fun, but by "redo the levels" do you mean from scratch? or just by improving them/adding on to them?

any other takers?

also, who would i ask if i wanted to see if this could be hosted by DOOMWorld?

I could send my old Trafficcontrol.wad i suppose XD, or maybe my slowly-progressing remake of the map of my school XD, but it'd be wiered to see half a map thats well-made and the other half is bad XD

So the idea is to use maps that the author deems complete and see what changes other people do them, rather than half-finished ones that we're just too lazy/uninspired to finish off ourselves?

Sounds interesting, I'm up for it :)

Hey, not a bad idea! But I already have a map to finish up for tomorrow and finals to study for. Stupid Doom, coming out finals week :P