Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darkhaven3

WolfenDoom Project

MOHIH : Obviously scrapped. I know not one of you cares.
Instead, I'm making a Wolfendoom project. Now, I know, some of you are probably wondering : "WTF How is this related to Doom(2)?"
Answer : BJ got wind that the Nazis found an interdimensional portal within the depths of Castle Wolfenstein. You must've missed a section of a floor... Anyway, intelligence indicates that any of the Elite Schutzstaffel* that went in to the portal, including an Ubermutant, were never heard from again. Now, of course, Hitler is too scared to go in himself, and he's about to send in an indestructable robot, codenamed "Eisenmann" ( Iron Man ). You've got to get into the portal before it does, and if the two of you should ever cross paths, your course of action is clear : EXTERMINATE IT WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE. Problem is, you don't know if you'll be able to defeat it with your 1942 Weapons...
So, what are you going to find beyond the portal? Who knows... Maybe more undead mutants(or worse things)? The Eisenmann? The lost Ubermutant?

A little thing I was planning to put in if I use a port like jDoom...

NOVEMBER 4, 1942

Well, since this may be my last letter to you, I'll be concise and to the point. I'm being sent in to the Portal, when that thing...The Eisenmann could be running amok inside! If I don't write back to you, I'm probably dead...

-Agent 642

Explanation : Agent 642 was sent in before you, and he never returned. Now it's your turn.

This project will use the Mac Wolf3D Weapon/Hud sprites (Yes, Hi-Res Mac Sprites), and maybe item sprites. I may even think about putting some Mac walls in there.

In any case, it's gonna be a full 32-map replacement, not 100 like my old project. It'll have some original music from the PC Wolfenstein, I really don't know about Mac music. Since I'm using a PC with a Mac Emulator, It may take me a while to rip the sprites/walls. It'll use Doom2/Doom2Wolf textures if I can't rip the textures from MacWolf.

EPISODE 1 : Return to Castle Wolfenstein

FloorX-Y**   Name
Floor1-1     Auf Blaskopf
Floor1-2     Hollehammer
Floor1-3     Blood Keep

EPISODE 2 : The Portal

Floor2-1     Temple
Floor2-2     Cataphract
Floor2-3     Ambulatory
Floor2-4     Undead Schabbs

EPISODE 3 : THROUGH THE PORTAL

Floor3-1     The Shores of Hell
Floor3-2     Thy Doom Cometh
Floor3-3     And Hell Followed
Floor3-4     Pandemonium

EPISODE 4 : Follow the blood-stained road

Floor4-1     Carnage
Floor4-2     Limbo
Floor4-3     River of Acheron
Floor4-4     The Second Ring
Floor4-5     Cerberus

EPISODE 5 : Buckshot Dealer

Floor5-1     The Third Ring
Floor5-2     Hell's Maw
Floor5-3     Heretics' Resting Place
Floor5-4     Suicide Forest
Floor5-5     River Styx
Floor5-6     The Lost Squad

EPISODE 6 : Hell's Last Stand

Floor6-1     The City of Dis
Floor6-2     The Fifth Ring
Floor6-3     The Sixth Ring
Floor6-4     The Seventh Ring
Floor6-5     The Lava Pits
Floor6-6     Lucifer
Floor names will most likely change for some of them, but for others they'll just stay the same. These maps will be for Doom2, since there's 30 maps in all. This project NEEDS STAFF. Either contact me at http://www.elric@monumentweb.com or PM me. The completion of this project depends solely on how many members wanna join my team, and how much support I(we) get.

PROJECT PROGRESS...

MAPS :[-|--------] 10%
Mac Sprites :[--|-------] 30%
Music :[-|--------] 10%
Dehacking :[---|------] 40%

OPEN SPOTS

5 Mappers
2 Music-type-guys
3 Texture rippers (use Mac Wolfenstein)

If you could join the team, I'd really be grateful.

OVERALL PROGRESS: [---|-----] 40%

And this : [----|-----] 50%
close to releasing a demo.

Darkhaven3, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Ichor said:

...must...resist...temptation to...use.......newproject tag...

Ichor, before you start trying to act mega-cool-and-whatnot by using the newproject tag, make sure you check that the person doesn't have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of uses of the newproject tag that only succeeded in making the person using it look like a complete moron, because they did have something to show.

Looks rather drab to me IMO. Try adding some detail here and there.

I only have one problem with this, are you the original creator of WolfenDoom? If you are, okay, but if you're not, don't use the name. I thought "Oh wow the guy who made WolfenDoom has a new project!" and then I come in here and... *Sigh*

I have been away with theatrical work IRL, and was unable to continue my own Wolfen-Doom project untill recently - let this post serve as an announcement of my return.

Everytime I come to the forum, there is always some new Wolfenstein/Nazi project going on - none get finished and often always are abandoned. Why must this happen? I have over 100 textures and sprites I have been working on for the past year. We could unite all those interested in making WW2/Wolfenstein wad and use all our creative efforts into one project.

As you can see, my textures are of top quality and far surpass in detail those of the traditional Wolfendoom - let us make a move from cartoony plots and graphics and a move towards a far more realistic TC.

Skunkboy Kyle said:

If you want realistic, play Counterstrike.
Wolfenstine was classic because it was cartoony, that's why RTCW pissed me off.

I suppose if we wanted to play Goldeneye, we should just play it on the N64 and forget all about the very creative TC that someone made, right?

I don't want to play counterstrike - I want to create something.

sargebaldy said:

Ichor, before you start newprojecting people's new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure he or she doesn't have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of newproject tags used out of context.

just use [newprojecttagtag] :P

nice... i'm in!

er. i've got RTCW but once it stopped being shooting nazis and started being underground-tombs/catacombs-with-zombies i've stopped playing and havent gotten aroundm to picking it up. i enoyed sneaking and shoting my way about in the castleand shit but zombies? hmf

I'm in. I've got alot of cool shit that I never got around to putting in WADs. Where can I find a good version of WinTex?

Damn, I'm starting to have way too many odd and twisted ideas. Like just now, I thought of remaking Doom for the PS2/GC/XBox using the N64 really-cool-type stuff.

Lord Raffles, those screens look awesome.
Simplistic detail will serve very well in a Wolfenstein-Doom mod. I suggest you stick with those levels because they look really good. Get some nazis in there, and make yourself a machinegun and you've got a mod! Keep it original and you'll have something.

Lord Raffles said:

I suppose if we wanted to play Goldeneye, we should just play it on the N64 and forget all about the very creative TC that someone made, right?

I don't want to play counterstrike - I want to create something.

What the fuck does that mean?!
I'm talking about the fact that Wolfenstien is a fun and cartoony game where simple everyday bullets can make Hitler melt into a bloodly skeleton, where mutant zombies with guns in their chests come after you, where huge 4 foot wide steroid filled WOMEN come after you with giant chainguns!!!

NOT REALISTIC WEAPONS AND RELOAD TIMES AND BEING STEALTHY AND RECOIL AND OTHER STUPID FUCKED UP DUMBASS SHIT NO ONE WANTS IN THE ORIGINAL WOLFENSTIEN!

God-DAMN that pisses me off! The more games become realistic, the more they're going to get annoyingly fucking stupid. SIMPLICITY IS THE BEST. No one has ever beaten Pac Man damnit, yet everyone and their sister beat Halo. >:(

Skunkboy Kyle said:

SIMPLICITY IS THE BEST. No one has ever beaten Pac Man damnit, yet everyone and their sister beat Halo. >:(

I never really found out because I have never had Pac Man, did Pac Man really have an ending? Or did it go on for a really long time just with random mazes?

Actually in the original, the mazes never changed and it went all the way up to level 99 at which then after you beat it, the game would stop and it would go into that famous screensaver mode where the colors randomly changed every few seconds.
I don't know about the arcade version, but that how it was for atari.

DOOM Anomaly said:

I never really found out because I have never had Pac Man, did Pac Man really have an ending? Or did it go on for a really long time just with random mazes?

There was no real end to Pacman, but when you were on the last level the game could generate, you would be able to tell because half the screen would be so garbled there'd be no way of telling where the fuck you were heading.

"NEW PACDOTS : HALF FRUITY GRAPE AND HALF PACMAN'S LEFT NUT"

Skunkboy Kyle said:

If you want realistic, play Counterstrike.
Wolfenstine was classic because it was cartoony, that's why RTCW pissed me off.

hahah, Counter-strike (gaystrike) = Realistic?

Yeah, there were 99 levels to Pac Man, after the final level you got some ending music and it went into what he called "Screensaver mode" (This is based on the NES version, which we cheated to beat.)

Torn - Counterstrike is an attempt to be realistic. No game will ever be 100% realisitc and CS doesn't even get close. But what I'm saying is if you want recoil and stupid shit like that, go fucking play CS, and leave Doom and Wolf3d to us.
It's so stupid to have "realistic" games anyway. It gives those bleeding heart faggots more emphisis to get games banned. I say we stick with the basics, cartoony stupid non realistic but fun games like Doom, Mario, Pitfall!, Pac Man, Clock Tower, etc. and get rid of CS and all the other "realistic" mods.

EarthQuake said:

Lord Raffles, those screens look awesome.
Simplistic detail will serve very well in a Wolfenstein-Doom mod. I suggest you stick with those levels because they look really good. Get some nazis in there, and make yourself a machinegun and you've got a mod! Keep it original and you'll have something.

Thank you so much - kind words like that make it all the worth while :)

Skunkboy Kyle said:

What the fuck does that mean?!
I'm talking about the fact that Wolfenstien is a fun and cartoony game where simple everyday bullets can make Hitler melt into a bloodly skeleton, where mutant zombies with guns in their chests come after you, where huge 4 foot wide steroid filled WOMEN come after you with giant chainguns!!!

NOT REALISTIC WEAPONS AND RELOAD TIMES AND BEING STEALTHY AND RECOIL AND OTHER STUPID FUCKED UP DUMBASS SHIT NO ONE WANTS IN THE ORIGINAL WOLFENSTIEN!

God-DAMN that pisses me off! The more games become realistic, the more they're going to get annoyingly fucking stupid. SIMPLICITY IS THE BEST. No one has ever beaten Pac Man damnit, yet everyone and their sister beat Halo. >:(

No need to get so uptight man, I was merley presenting a different gameing view-point, that is all.

Some of us want to develop more realistic games.

Lord Raffles said:

No need to get so uptight man, I was merley presenting a different gameing view-point, that is all.

Some of us want to develop more realistic games.

Yeah, just like Splinter Cell. It has recoil (kinda), being stealthy, reload times, and everything, and it turned out to be an awesome game.

Darkhaven3 said:

Yeah, just like Splinter Cell. It has recoil (kinda), being stealthy, reload times, and everything, and it turned out to be an awesome game.

I rest my case motherfuckers! :P

Yeah, but for me Splinter Cell was a bitch to figure out, it took me about three hours to realise there was a body in the room I was supposed to examine! I mean, who the fuck could see it?! I found it by accident! So even with all the realistic shit you have in there, the game was still fucking impossible for me. After I got past THAT little speedbump, the rest of the game was pretty easy going till I got to that level where anything you did set off an alarm...