• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadow Wolf

Most disappointing game you ever played

Ichor said:

The sun is overrated anyway, heheh.

The sun? What's that?

Wow, Black Isle was laid off? Damn, I liked their work on Planescape: Torment. Shame.

Zakath said:

http://forums.interplay.com/viewforum.php?f=45&sid=ecf436ad1347b37147b90d5630584c2e

Interplay laid them off.....and just right before the holidays too.

Same thing happened to my mom 2 years ago. :/

Yeah, thats really retarded. Fallout 3 was the only game I was really looking forward to, and Black Isle was the only game company I had faith in anymore. Bunch of crap.

i would say the PS2 was a disapointment. i mean when it first came out it sucked. no not the graphics, the parts. it was shoty, very shoty. it over heated all the time and had other issues. for the price it should have been perfect.

as for games

most anything eidos has ever put out. while a few where decent and fun, others were just bad.
this was mainly due to newbie based companies. or compaines that seemed to skip any beta testing

omikron: nomad soul.

this game looked like it would kick ass. the story and people where cool too. its downfall was bugs, too many to count, aswell as poor animation in some areas (swimming in water was more like swimming in thick oil) also poor ideas (included a first person type section that was very poor. full of bad movement and weapons) the FPS parts of the game where too horrible. looking was limited, badly. the engine was made as a third person game not an FPS. also some nasty bugs that should have been gotten rid of. installation was hit or miss, very bad, quitting would cause a nasty crash and often result in a reboot.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it yet but Black & White was a massive let down after all the hype and with a concept that seemed cool but was executed horribly

I'd also say Alice, which was beautifuly designed but lacked any semblance of innovative gameplay

Unreal Tournament 2003 was a dull experience, the graphics are beautiful, but the level design is awful, all areas were boring as hell. The original Unreal Tournament is so much better.

$50 dollars down the drain, I should have known better. I have a feeling the upcoming Unreal Tournament 2004 might be the same as 2003, but I have to get the demo this time around before I make another bad investment.

If someone could provide me with an example of an on-line poll actually achieving something, I'd gladly sign it.

Doom Fanatic said:

Unreal Tournament 2003 was a dull experience, the graphics are beautiful, but the level design is awful, all areas were boring as hell. The original Unreal Tournament is so much better.

Yeah, as much as I love UT2k3, they didn't have the same level of innovation as, say, DM-Compressed. Seems the maps were largely built more to look pretty. At least Epic are saying they're avoiding that in UT2k4 (apparently they're building the levels with minimal detail first, playtesting them until they're golden, then making it look good. we'll see if it pays off...)

Erik said:

baldur's gate 2.

Heh, after the first one where you had every freedom and the world at your feet, it was such a shame to be pushed around so much. You never had the illusion of freedom, because you were stabbed with plot hooks every 12 seconds.

And to start the game in a basement...

And a crappy one at that...

Gauntlet: Dark Legacy

I have Gauntlet: Legends for PSX and wanted Dark Legacy (for PS2) because it looked cool. It turns out it's the EXACT SAME GAME. Same bosses, same worlds, same levels, same story. Sure they added 4 characters and changed a few maps and added some stuff but it's the same thing...

I know Legends was rushed and it had a lot of flaws, but Dark Legacy had all the time in the world, and they didn't even bother to make a new story.

quote:
<Quasar`> 9_9

I have to say Dues EX. The game got boring really quick and the shotgun looked plain ugly. I clearly didnt like the spammy arsonal. I didn't feel much of an rpg at all.

pregnant with worms said:

as long as we're talking about the tragic demise of black isle and fallout 3, here's a petition you can sign in the hopes of changing it: http://www.petitiononline.com/f3f3fnow/petition.html

Pfft. Petitions never work.

I just hope Black Isle can regroup at another company or something. Maybe they can work on a new Fallout there, possibly even under a different name. Hell, Fallout 1 was a sequel to Wastelands, but they couldn't use the name because EA has the rights to it. Anyway, I hope Interplay doesnt have all the rights to the SPECIAL gaming system. I just love that.

i signed, although i share the other's sentiments about online petitions.

BIS > *

the_Danarchist said:

Pfft. Petitions never work.

I just hope Black Isle can regroup at another company or something. Maybe they can work on a new Fallout there, possibly even under a different name. Hell, Fallout 1 was a sequel to Wastelands, but they couldn't use the name because EA has the rights to it. Anyway, I hope Interplay doesnt have all the rights to the SPECIAL gaming system. I just love that.

Most of the former Black Isle employees have regrouped under the name "Obsidian".

Still it may be a problem for them that they lack licenses for most of their games. They might have to start over completely fresh.

And Fallout is DEAD!! Get it, DEAD!

The one game that totally failed it for me, not because the game sucked but due to garbage controls is Gothic. It really pisses me off when I'm trying to like this game but the developers decided to make half-assed controls. In this day and age you'd think that game designers would know how to make nice controls. Actually most do. Too bad Gothic fails it. I'm told they used the same in Gothic II. Heh I guess nobody complained about it. Bleagh.

Metal Slug 4 wasn't that great when I think about it. The two new characters are dumb and pointless and the bosses, with the exception to the boss in Mission 1, are poorly designed and are just plain cheap! The new vehicles are ok (The spiked tank and the Missle tank)... But the mutant slug thing was really lame. The levels (except Missions 1 and 2) were pretty boring.

Goddammit, I wish I was working for the company that's developing Metal Slug!

Shadow Wolf said:

i would have to say Daikatana sucked

Haha, the first thought that came to my mind when I saw this thread title was "Daikatana."

The most disappointing games:
- Dungeon Master II (the sequel of "The Best Game of the 80s", also called "The Grandfather of Doom" :)
- Ultima 8 with its stupid jump 'n run parts (Ultima 7, Pt 2: Serpent Isle is my favourite RPG ever; The Black Gate is also very good)
- Unreal Tournament 2003 (too slow, terrible maps, Bombing Run is crap)
- WarCraft III
- Duke Nukem Forever, cause it's pure fake :P

The game I hated the most would have to be...Earth 2150. It had the potential to be allow tremendus replay value, and it came out sucking.
Other than that (and maybe the SNES version of DOOM), all the other games I have played are ok. Some are great, but none have any true originality anymore. I want something new and chock-full of goddies, not something that we've seen 12,495.5 times in a row.
O yeah, lets not even mention the game Postal 2...that one sucks more than thirty whores working 24/7 for six weeks!

I would have to say Counterstrike. There is nothing more disapointing than being told by all your friends how cool CS is and how much fun it is and to get on there and the first fucking thing you read on the screen after "Counter Terrorists Win" is "omg u fuken h4ckr!" At first, it didn't phase me, till they said it EVERY TIME. EVERY FUCKING TIME. EVEN WHEN WE LOST. It got to the point I wanted to put a virus in CS to fuck everyones computers up but I was young and stupid. Eventualy I learned which servers to go to and avoid that shit but every once in a while you get some lame ass tweleve year old who thinks he's all that because he beat Duke Nukem 3d when he was eight trying to be a badass and losing and decides to take it out on the english language. Fuckers. I wish they died in horrible burning car wrecks, Final Destination 2 style.

I hate people who complain about lamer CS kids more than lamer CS kids themselves

we know already

Liam the Bard said:

I hate people who complain about lamer CS kids more than lamer CS kids themselves

we know already

He speaks the truth, it gets old bitching about it.