Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadow Wolf

Most disappointing game you ever played

Hey, I WASN'T just randomly bitching, everyone else is bitching on why they hate THEIR games, and just because I mention CS you're gunna freak out.
Why don't you piss off?

Edit: I fucking hate typos! >_<

They aren't randomly bitching, they're expressing their opinions. There's a difference you know.

Skunkboy Kyle said:

Fuck... stupid typos, that was supposed to be wasn't. Goddamnit I hate my fucking life! >_<

You hate your life because of typos?

Lizardcommando said:

Metal Slug 4 wasn't that great when I think about it. The two new characters are dumb and pointless and the bosses, with the exception to the boss in Mission 1, are poorly designed and are just plain cheap! The new vehicles are ok (The spiked tank and the Missle tank)... But the mutant slug thing was really lame. The levels (except Missions 1 and 2) were pretty boring.

Goddammit, I wish I was working for the company that's developing Metal Slug!

That's because Playmore is developing it instead of SNK now. It's a shame because the SNK-developed Metal Slug games (1, 2/X, 3) are positively fucking BRILLIANT.

I share the same disappointment with Warcraft III as the rest of you. Although the "hero" concept is an interesting idea, it makes the game boring, and the ridiculously low supply limits made it feel like "hero with a few backup units." There aren't any big, satisfying battles, and it moves a lot more slowly than games of Starcraft. Overall, it's just not nearly as fun or varied a playing experience as Starcraft.

I was also sorely disappointed in Final Fantasy 8: The first time they really try to innovate the magic/stats system, and they manage to fuck it up, not to mention they give it the most preposterously terrible plot I've ever seen in an RPG.

As for Half-Life, I just finished it for the first time recently, and I actually enjoyed it immensely. The gameplay has the best balance between problem-solving/puzzles and straight-up visceral killing that I've seen in an FPS, and in fact works even better than most Doom puzzles. I will say, however, that it doesn't have as much replay value as Doom, and the plot is still pretty generic. But playing it on Difficult was challenging and hectic enough that it felt worthwhile to me.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for Chip's Challenge II.

The most dissapointing game ever was Final Doom.
I hated the storyline, even though it had none.
Actually it was FinalFantasy X, the game was too long

One of the most dissapointing games I actually played was Fallout 2
It was fun for a while but after the power armor and 223, it gets boring

For what I can remember, I'd have to say:
Half Life
The usual boring story we hear since Doom (aliens invaded or such) and whatever. The levels/hubs are extremely long and boring.

Gate_Keeper said:

One of the most dissapointing games I actually played was Fallout 2
It was fun for a while but after the power armor and 223, it gets boring

Let's not forget, that line works for Fallout 1. In Fallout 2, that's a different story. There's always SOMEBODY who can kick your ass even if you have a Power Armored suit and 223. pistol, so explore the wasteland...you'll find that 'somebody'..

I'm seeing a disappointing game line up. another game I add to the most disappointing game list. I've just spent WAY WAY too much yen on an imported Vice City. I stomp on it's lame idea. the only part I liked was slashing guys up. then it got tedius.

Zakath said:

Let's not forget, that line works for Fallout 1. In Fallout 2, that's a different story. There's always SOMEBODY who can kick your ass even if you have a Power Armored suit and 223. pistol, so explore the wasteland...you'll find that 'somebody'..

.223? Hmm...I just use rifles most of the time. Though I do admit Fallout was insanely easy after getting the water chip. I got power armor soon after and had obtained a sniper rifle early on, so I killed 1/4 of everything in one hit (even supermutants), and my power armor deflected all the damage I got unless it was a crit (even miniguns and flamethrowers). Unfortunately, I lost all my retarded NPCs in the military base and I couln't beat the Master. I ended up finding the easy way to kill him though. :P All in all, that game was awesome though, with a great ending and a better storyline than Fallout 2. Too bad it was insanely short.

Right now, I'm hung up in the military base on Fallout 2. Trying to kill all the supermutants without losing any party members (except maybe Vic).

Know what game is really dissapointing?

Sid Meyer's Alpha Centauri. I was like "oh yay, Civ in space, this will be cool". And it was. They had awesome Civ with their own unique personalities and stuff. They had a great governemtn syste. There was a pretty good storyline. There was 3dish terrain. Floating cities. Good graphics. Awesome enemies.

UInfortunately there was one problem: th units completely sucked ass. There were maybe 6-7 types in the game and you just kept upgrading them to keep them useful. This was both boring and a bit confusing (it was sometimes hard to tell what was an upgraded unit and which one was behing on the tech). It made the game almost unplayable, which is kinda sad because its a pretty fun game otherwise. I don't know why they didn't implement the government system into Civ3.

Mr. Woot said:

doom 2

I sorta agree on that. Many of the levels are just odd and look stupid...

Tyockell said:

Halo I was hopeing the enemies were gunna be so much more badass.

I must agree here. All the reviews saying how amazing it was and how it truly WASN'T just another FPS...

Played it and completely hated it. Weapons were terrible, gameplay was soooo slow (much like the Marathon games, also by Bungie), horrible level design, lack of multiplayer skins...

The only thing that game did well in my opinion was the vehicles... that worked pretty well, I suppose.

I almost never get disappointed.

I almost never buy games as soon as they come out, usually because I can't afford them and I don't have anything that can run them. And when I do, there are usually so old that they are in bargain bins. And I've read every review, heard every doomworld bitch about them, that I know what to expect. In fact, I often get presently surprised more then I get disappointed.

however, I will say that Jedi Outcast was kinda poor.

bartwart said:

Ultima 9. What? You kids never played an Ultima?

No, only 0-8.

bartwart said:

Ultima 9. What? You kids never played an Ultima?

Heh, I played Ultima 7 once...