Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlueSonnet

My tribute to 10 years of doom

Firstly i know this is an art thread in the general doom forum. If the mods wish to move this thread to the art forum then by all means do so. It's just that today's that day and i kinda want everyone to see this, bearing in mind that not many people go into the art forum.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/4175740/

I feel a little honoured having done this (might not be a perfect picture but there you go. I won't go into a big story. To cut it short, Id released a great game that deserved tribute 10 years later and here i am showing this picture.

As for the doomguy, at heart it's the same doomguy but i've changed the design slightly, trying to make him look like a veteran warrior. No particular big deal really.

Btw i'm working on a colour version and a wallpaper using this marine.

Other than that, enjoy. May doom live forever.

edit: Damn. It got moved.

It looks nice w. the shading and stuff, but I've got a few minor beefs with it (personal preference wise):

1. I always got the impression that the db shotgun was a sawed-off shotty (that's part of why I thought it was so awesome) - a full-lenght db shotgun just doens't feel Doomish in my eyes.

2. I'm not sure I like his pose - it seems a bit feminine for a marine (male or female - doesn't matter, marines aren't exactly fashion models).

But as I said, those are just a matter of personal tase.

Is it just me, or can I never get Deviantart to load?

Try copy pasting the adress into the adress bar and press enter instead of using the link. It works for Geocities, maybe it'll work for Deviantart aswell.

@ TSTuke: the pic looks great. Color would make it even better.

i wish i had a zerox machine so i could upload some of my drawings, but it is cool nonetheless

---------------------------------------

Well The shading is just amazing in my eyes the armour and barrels of the shotgun are just so metallic looking I love it.
I find that yes the hands are a bit small though and the double barrel should deffinatly be sawed off.

dsm said:

2. I'm not sure I like his pose - it seems a bit feminine for a marine (male or female - doesn't matter, marines aren't exactly fashion models).

I feel there's something definately fishy about that pose. I can't say it's feminine (because if it was it would be a lot more curvy and "look-at-me!") but you're right in saying that they are not fasion models.

Little Faith said:

I only got one minor beef with this one: The hands are too small.

And here i was worried about the hands being too big. I didn't want to give him hands that could wrap around his entire head.