Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Ultimate DooMer

Forum bug?

I think there may be a problem with the email notification, at least with Hotmail anyway. I've just had about 10 notifications about a post in a Millennium forum thread, but there's only one new post in the relevant thread.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe an email is being sent every time the post is edited, but it doesn't say it's been edited on the post itself (and it's unlikely it would get edited 10 times before the edited message becomes visible).

The Doomworld mail server is blacklisted via the RSS list because it was an open relay for a very short period of time and had ONE spam e-mail sent through it. Many ISPs reject mail from servers on the RSS list, so that's why almost nobody gets e-mail from Doomworld.

I briefly had this problem (after I had tried subscribing to one thread, just to test what happened), but solved it by unsubscribing from all threads.

UD: Admins can edit posts without the "last edited..." message ever appearing.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

I've just had about 10 notifications about a post in a Millennium forum thread, but there's only one new post in the relevant thread.

Haha, I think that's my fault. The "submit post" function was hanging so I kept clicking it until the post went through.

Yes, what is causing that anyway? There's been a lot of double posting recently because of it.

Grazza said:
UD: Admins can edit posts without the "last edited..." message ever appearing.

What's strange, though, is that I've been able to do it without the "last edited..." message appearing. Look for example at this thread where I edited not one, but two, posts unnoticed.

Yeah, I often fix typos or make slight changes right after posting and the message doesn't appear.

Bloodshedder said:
If you edit a post within a certain timeframe after posting it (I think it's 5 minutes) the Last Edited message doesn't show up.

Heh. Good to know. :-)

I sort of figured it might be something of that kind, but as I didn't know, I figured I might as well report it. Thanks!